Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Combine BA with Qantas for big savings

Discussion in 'Travel Insider Tips' started by Robert, Jul 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Robert

Robert Junior Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If you are planning a trip using Qantas points to London with a stop over in Asia and a side trip to Europe, get a combined Qantas/BA ticket as this is 10,000 points cheaper than using Qantas all the way.

I was quoted 120,000 points for a Qantas ticket: Syd/Singapore/London/Rome. I was then gived another quote of 110,000 points for an intineary using Qantas to Singapore and then BA for the remainder of the journey.

Strange, but true!:D
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. redrat

redrat Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Vic
    Robert, I just heard the same thing but the QF FF took a OW booking across three carriers (QF, Lan Chile, AA) instead of just QF. He tells me the points used was significantly less than if he had only travelled with QF.
    The only thing was that the ticket conditions were more restrictive :( and you couldn't change flights without losing points. He said "bugger it", had the time of his life and saved heaps of points in the bargain :D

3. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Probably has something to do with stopovers - I am looking at an itinerary next year when I pop across to umpire at Wimbledon. Making it a OneWorld trip I get five free stopovers, if it is a QF, QF/BA or QF/AA the award itself is cheaper but you have to fork out 10,000 points per stopover, costing me 40K points for my five stopovers. A bit much considering that the OW award is only 15K higher, saving me 25K points.

Dave