The Australian Frequent Flyer (“AFF”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is the provider of the australianfrequentflyer.com.au website (“Service”).
Our Service comprises primarily of user-generated content (“Content”) posted by our members. Content reflects the opinion of the author only. These opinions are not necessarily shared by us.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, bullying, anti-social, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These Terms may be changed at any time without notice.
Our Community Rules set out below are considered part of these Terms.
If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly.
AFF is primarily an online community and resource for Australian travellers. The community is built around sharing travel-related experiences, and the giving/receiving of help and guidance. Your behaviour should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Please use common sense.
Access to AFF is a privilege, not a right. Members who breach these rules may be disciplined. Discipline can take the form of removal/edit of offending post, a simple warning, an infraction, restriction of access, reduced service, or a temporary or permanent ban. We have no obligation to provide an explanation regarding the reason for our action. Any discipline action we take is not negotiable, nor is it up for discussion.
- AFF is a general, family-friendly website which should be viewable in a family context or by children. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate for a family environment. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites, or any illegal content. Please do not attempt to circumvent the censoring options we have established.
- AFF is also a commercial business. Please do not post content or links which have the potential to impact on our commercial operations.
- Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services. Posts containing promotional messages for commercial products or services are not permitted. This includes the solicitation of frequent flyer points and airport lounge guest passes. Information about advertising on our site is available here. Prior to posting requests for the donation of points for charitable causes, you need to contact us for permission. This is to protect our members from organisations fronting as charities.
- Some paid membership levels allow the member to include a “Signature” at the bottom of all their posts. This is a customised message written by the member which is typically used to provide more information about themselves and their interests. It can include include links to external websites such as their personal blogs or favorite websites. It cannot be used for commercial activity (see previous item). This includes affiliate and referral links. The only exception is if the link is to a legitimite post on AFF (such as post in our Referral forum).
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behaviour is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another member and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore that member.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- If you feel another member is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to the AFF Moderation team. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you may be disciplined regardless of who initiated the conflict.
- Messages must be posted in English.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
- If a moderator makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with, or question about, a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message to the system administrator (admin). Posts or topics discussing moderator actions or AFF Management practices are not permitted and will be removed.
- Please respect authorised company representatives and their contributions. Like any other AFF member, authorised company representatives are under no obligation to respond to your posts.
- Each member can only have one account.
- We do not tolerate activity which we deem to be “disruptive” to the harmony of our community. This includes, but is not limited to, many of the points above.
Specific Rules for our Personal Message (PM) system
- All the General Rules listed above are applicable to PMs
- You may not send unsolicited PMs to other members for commercial or other non “bona fide” purposes.
- Personal Messages are “personal” by definition and cannot be posted or shared without the consent of all parties. The only exception are PMs to/from AFF Moderators and Administrators which could be shared internally amongst this group.
- If you have received a PM which you believe is in breach of any of our rules, please contact us with the details.
Notwithstanding the Rules listed above, these 4 Guidelines are a simple reminder of what is NOT PERMITTED on AFF:
- Using AFF for commercial purposes
- Posting obscene or offensive content
- Attacking/bullying/threatening other members
- Discussing Moderator actions