Qantas Wellbeing App - Points slashed

big_RED

Is it just me, a bug, or has the Qantas Wellbeing app slashed all points earn rates by 10%? E.g daily step goals used to be something like 4, 6, 9, 12 points. Now it's 0.4, 0.6 and 0.9 points... Hitting your weekly target used to be 70 points. Now it's 7 points.

Makes the app quite useless for such low points rates.

Ok I have the answer for this as was perplexed when it happened to me. If you do not hold Qantas health insurance, 28 days after you sign up earning rates drop to 20% of what it was when you first signed up. Agree it's hardly worth your while,

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
A Qantas Travel Insurance Policy also qualifies for the higher earn rate.

An interesting glitch: my QF travel insurance expired end of April last year and my earn rate dropped down to the 10% level. However, late last year I received an email advising I may be eligible for a (backdated) pro-rata refund due to Covid-linked exclusions introduced on my policy. I applied and received a small refund.

My Wellbeing App reverted to the full earn rate and continues to this day. Presumably, they had to temporarily reinstate the policy to action the refund.

It will be interesting to see how long the full earn rate continues. I ain't complaining.

Last edited:
That's helpful information as I'll keep that in mind when we eventually manage to escape the sunny shores of Oz. I was only earning approx 120 points a week but it's way better than less than 20

mannej

Solutions
Keep in mind the app does have occasions where the earn rate reverts back for a period, or other offers/"check ins" that may increase the earn rate.

Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

big_RED

Oh yes, wow. That is exactly it! I left Qantas insurance this week. I never knew insurance boosted the points. Would have been an interesting win back campaign if they had told me the points would reduce so much.

Wouldn't have stayed, but interesting non the less. Will uninstall the app now haha

burmans

Even at only a few points a week I keep this, great way to keep the points ticking over across a number of accounts.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eccocateringau

Currently Active Users