QFF Complimentary Lounge Invitations - Transfer/Linking Not Working

RichardMEL

Seems there are two issues discussed in this thread -

- being able to transfer a pass to another QFF account holder

- being able to link a pass to a specific flight/booking (perhaps due to lounge access limitations)

I've certainly transferred a pass or two in the past week. Maybe others have had problems but I haven't.

Linking... well no I've not had to myself for obvious reasons, but definitely the restrictions as noted on the page currently (and do change) can be very frustrating.

cjd600

Established Member
I've certainly transferred a pass or two in the past week. Maybe others have had problems but I haven't.
So have I.
Not now though. Its broken.
When going to enter the Transferee details, the dropdown usually lets you select which pass, by Expiry date, you wish to transfer (assuming you have more than one).
Now it is frozen on the first pass, dropdown doesnt even work.
Trying to complete transfer of this pass, the screen just refreshes to blank details back to the start point.
You'd probably have the same issue if you tried today

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
It’s definitely broken
I just tried to transfer a pass to someone and it the screen just refreshes and it hasn’t transferred.
Time for another email to the VIP team

elogic

I have also had an ongoing issue for 2 months regarding using passes and no link option , all tweets have gone un answered , when I can get thru on a call I've been asked to sent a screenshot , I never get an email back

If my wife is Oneworld Sapphire and we are travelling on a NZ7696 flight number on QF metal can she still use the lounge ???
I have individual Club membership , can in take 2 x children in travelling on the same flight

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
So have I.
Not now though. Its broken.
When going to enter the Transferee details, the dropdown usually lets you select which pass, by Expiry date, you wish to transfer (assuming you have more than one).
Now it is frozen on the first pass, dropdown doesnt even work.
Trying to complete transfer of this pass, the screen just refreshes to blank details back to the start point.
You'd probably have the same issue if you tried today
Looks like the dropdown has been replaced with a text box entry field? Web dev team mistake I think.

Guvner

Established Member
I assume passes which expire during school holidays won’t be extended? That’s a bit tough on people who also couldn't use them during Covid and saved them for when they were actually able to take a holiday.
Not that I was going to use it (I was going to offer it up on AFF) but I have a pass due to expire tomorrow. The reality is it effectively “expired” when school holidays started. It’s all well and good to have disclaimers but most people wouldn’t know about this practice until actually trying to use the passes. Too late by then. Just another enhancement I suppose.

Guvner

Established Member
Qantas has always had the disclaimer that complimentary passes might not be allowed if a lounge is full. Nothing new there. Hence there is no need to send emails to thousands of customers who won't even be flying during school holidays, nor have passes anyway.
I respectfully disagree. It would not be difficult to email members who do have passes due to expire just as a courtesy.
In the email add in a “by the way…your pass is useless during school holidays..”
3 lines of code in a database query, job done.

As an aside, which state(s) do they base the school holiday period on?

Port Power

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
As an aside, which state(s) do they base the school holiday period on?
The capital city of the State during their own school holidays. And then all the capital cities when NSW, QLD and WA have their school holidays. So usually a three week period around Easter, July and September/October. A lose/lose situation for customers.

stgent

Hi All,

Is anyone else unable to transfer lounge invitations to others?

It's usually a simple process...but it's not working on both my laptop or phone.
I have multiple invitations, but the drop-down on the transfer section does not budge, and after submitting it simply returns to the same screen..

Your thoughts/suggestions appreciated..

Cheers

blackcat20

Enthusiast
I read somewhere that transfers had been turned off during school holidays, someone else might be able to confirm.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Hi All,

Is anyone else unable to transfer lounge invitations to others?

It's usually a simple process...but it's not working on both my laptop or phone.
I have multiple invitations, but the drop-down on the transfer section does not budge, and after submitting it simply returns to the same screen..

Your thoughts/suggestions appreciated..

Cheers
Seems to be suspended due to school holidays.

SydneySwan

Established Member
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
Seems to be suspended due to school holidays.
It would be very easy for Qantas to put a message on the Complimentary Lounges page to confirm that transfers and linking are currently suspended and an indication when the suspension will be lifted.

Alternatively if it is because of an IT problem they could have a message to that effect.

This is just another example of Qantas general disdain for its customers.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
It would be very easy for Qantas to put a message on the Complimentary Lounges page to confirm that transfers and linking are currently suspended and an indication when the suspension will be lifted.

Alternatively if it is because of an IT problem they could have a message to that effect.

This is just another example of Qantas general disdain for its customers.
Agreed.
I think this is what they regard as notice but it’s very poor. 569F7FDD-D345-4A61-9531-4AE2D7A04089.png

catinjapan

Is anyone else currently having issues attempting to transfer Qantas Lounge invitations? I currently have a dozen and trying to transfer the two that will expire soonest (22 Oct and 23 Nov) to my mum's account, but when I select either and enter her details and hit submit, the form returns me to the same page without any confirmation that the invite has been transferred, and either of those invites remain in my list of invites. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers and face the same issue.

I'd phone Qantas Customer Service, but last time I had an issue with linking lounge invites they person had no idea what they were and read out wording from the website. I knew more than them how they worked, so it was an utter waste of time.

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Is anyone else currently having issues attempting to transfer Qantas Lounge invitations? I currently have a dozen and trying to transfer the two that will expire soonest (22 Oct and 23 Nov) to my mum's account, but when I select either and enter her details and hit submit, the form returns me to the same page without any confirmation that the invite has been transferred, and either of those invites remain in my list of invites. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers and face the same issue.

I'd phone Qantas Customer Service, but last time I had an issue with linking lounge invites they person had no idea what they were and read out wording from the website. I knew more than them how they worked, so it was an utter waste of time.
Yes, as per earlier posts there appears to be something wrong with the web form, possibly the drop down selection box where you choose which past you want to transfer to someone else.

Franky

Established Member
I have also had an ongoing issue for 2 months regarding using passes and no link option , all tweets have gone un answered , when I can get thru on a call I've been asked to sent a screenshot , I never get an email back

If my wife is Oneworld Sapphire and we are travelling on a NZ7696 flight number on QF metal can she still use the lounge ???
I have individual Club membership , can in take 2 x children in travelling on the same flight
That may be where the problem is. You mentioned Club membership, which I assume is the Qantas Club. Is there a difference between a 'Lounge' pass and a 'QF Club' pass? On a flight from SYD-PER a few days ago, I tried to use my own Lounge pass at the QF Business Lounge, and was denied entry. The staff member stated the QF Club was closed for the school holidays, but I was'nt asking for entry to the Club.

SydneySwan

Established Member
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
If anyone notices that the linking / transferring options are working again, as a PSA can they post here?