Qantas go sub $1000 return BNE/LAX in Jan school holidays | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas go sub $1000 return BNE/LAX in Jan school holidays

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
personal opinion only - maybe you could just have one thread where you post all these deals rather than starting new ones? to me it seems like you're either trying to promite this ski mob or have some other sort of agenda.. and I am not sure that the QF forum is the right place for specials and cheap fare deals like this.. but maybe if you confine them to one thread then those interested can keep tabs there?
Agree. Message hasn't gotten through to the OP. The SPAMING continues. Clearly a thinly veiled agenda at work:

ozfflyer

Agree. Message hasn't gotten through to the OP. The SPAMING continues. Clearly a thinly veiled agenda at work:

no agenda, except that don't understand why airline marketing depts don't make a big deal about how cheap it is in the USA right now, apart from getting there that is.

RichardMEL

Established Member
AFF Supporter
LOL. You cannot be serious! Cheaper in the US? AUD vs USD?! bwhahaha

Maybe with these cheapo ski deals :p

thanks for the laugh.

(and I have had a number of trips to and within the USA this year already so I have a fair idea from personal experience how much it costs)

Ausbt

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I mean I resisted the urge to book the VA birthday sale at $1,100 SYD-LAX-SYD getaway and now the Spring sale has it at < $900. I'm really anticipating a work trip around that time in PE that I can use to combine for personal ski jaunt, but it may not come off so really it's pretty tempting to lock something in just on spec. Maybe if I wait another two weeks VA will have it at $700?

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
AUD1 buying USD0.6871 is not my definition of a cheap destination. But each to their own of course.
Generally not. But what can happen sometimes is weak US economy and low AUD coincide. Weak economy means less business travel, less discretionary spending and hotel etc prices are low. This happened in early 2009. Also when we went to NYC in 2002 when AUD was 0.5c we were only paying $100USD/$200AUD for accom, but their were special circumstances affecting NYC then.

Generally though, especially now with low interest rates in Australia, the AUD is moving more independent of the US economy.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chucks