As 2020 draws to a close, there’s finally some good news. Australian state borders are reopening, planes are back in the air, and more pilots are returning to work. One of them is Virgin Australia 737 pilot Chris Bournelis (a.k.a. AviatorInsight on AFF) who is now doing simulator training and flight checks ahead of returning to the skies later this month. Chris joins Matt on this episode to reflect on the year and explain the process of returning to the sky after a long period on the ground.
And Virgin Australia has matched Qantas’ recent status match offer, meaning both Qantas & Velocity members now have an opportunity to switch. If you’re eligible, why not take advantage of this offer and put your eggs in two baskets?
- 0:58 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 11:12 – Virgin Australia joins Qantas in launching a status match & extension offer
- 18:52 – Interview with Chris Bournelis
- 29:22 – Final word for the final episode of 2020
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Velocity Launches “Discover Gold” Status Match
- Velocity Announces Additional Status Extensions & Rewards
- AFF “Ask The Pilot” thread
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up: