With Queensland and South Australia having now announced dates when their borders will reopen, James Green from Award Flight Assist joins Matt in this episode to discuss travel around Australia.
James also explains how to maximise opportunities for Qantas Points Club members to earn status credits from Qantas Classic Flight Rewards. And in a rare reversal of roles, James interviews the podcast’s host, Matt Graham, asking him about his favourite countries, airlines & travel tips.
- 0:49 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 13:38 – Interview with James Green: Should we be booking international flights now?
- 17:45 – Interview with James Green: Australian states reopen their borders
- 27:05 – Interview with James Green: Qantas Points Club status runs
- 41:28 – James interviews Matt
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Qantas Website Error Codes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Qantas Points Club Has Launched
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Qantas, Jetstar Add Domestic Flights from June 2020
- Virgin Adds Additional Domestic Flights
- Then There Were Two: Virgin Narrows Down Potential Buyers
- Air New Zealand Ends Social Distancing as NZ Eradicates COVID-19
- Singapore & Hong Kong Reopen to Transit Passengers
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi Reopen for Transits
- Amex Shop Small Returns for 2020
- Austria, India Legislate Minimum Airfares
- Ola Calls In Debt Collectors After App Error
- Woolworths Rewards Offers Have Become More Generous
- Qantas Increases Cost of Emirates Reward Flights