With the Australian government’s international arrival caps still in place, getting back to Australia from overseas remains a huge challenge. In this episode, travel agent Alan Lam (a.k.a. madrooster on the Australian Frequent Flyer forum) shares his tips and advice for Australians trying to return home without getting bumped from their flight.
Also in this episode, how to earn full points while paying tax with an American Express credit card and the latest frequent flyer & airline news.
- 1:30 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 11:25 – Interview with Alan Lam about flying back to Australia during COVID-19
- 38:14 – How to earn full points for ATO payments with an American Express credit card
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Alan’s helpful AFF thread – Travelling to Australia During COVID-19
- AFF thread – Sniip accepting Amex at same rate as Visa/Mastercard
- Subscribe to the Frequent Flyer Gazette
- Become an AFF Supporter
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Price War: Virgin, Rex Sell $49 Sydney-Melbourne Flights
- Qantas Catering Now Miles Ahead of Virgin Australia
- Qantas & Virgin Add New Routes to Beach Destinations
- Can You Get a Refund for Cancelled Domestic Flights?
- Air Namibia Enters Liquidation
- Air New Zealand Says It Doesn’t Have to Refund Cancelled Flights
- Save up to 30,000 Qantas Points off The Ghan Journeys
- The Epic 70-Day Bus Tour from Delhi to London