Many Australians have used the travel downturn to work on projects around the house. Canberra-based Andrew Newnham, whose AFF handle is harvyk, is no exception. But instead of reseeding his lawn, installing a new kitchen or painting the house, Andrew decided to build a life-size Boeing 747 flight simulator in his garage!
In this episode, Andrew tells Matt all about the project and what it takes to build a full-scale flight simulator at home.
Also in this episode, find out where all the grounded Qantas & Virgin planes are parked and why the Boeing 737 MAX could soon return to the skies.
You can see pictures of Andrew’s flight simulator here: Podcast #48: 747 Enthusiast Builds Flight Simulator in Garage
- 0:51 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 12:25 – Interview with Andrew Newnham
- 24:21 – Where are all the grounded Qantas & Virgin planes?
- 27:35 – Boeing 737 MAX update
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Where Are the 137 Grounded Qantas & Virgin Planes?
- The Boeing 737 MAX Will Soon Return to Service
- Frequent Flyer Solutions webinar: The New Virgin Australia (5 November 2020)
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Qatar’s Reputation Takes Huge Hit After Invasive Searches
- More Domestic Flights as Tasmania Reopens Border
- Many Surprising New Domestic Routes Launching
- Velocity Frequent Flyer Valuation Slashed By Two-Thirds
- Virgin Australia Holidays is Closing Down
- Qantas Flags New Destinations, Further Cost Cuts
- St George to Axe Points for ATO Tax Payments
- Canberra Added to Priority Pass Network
- Hilton Further Extends Status Until 2022