The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program operators on notice. In this episode, Matt chats to airline loyalty and data expert Mark Ross-Smith about the ACCC’s findings and recommendations. This interview covers topics including data privacy, the expiration and devaluation of frequent flyer points, carrier charges and much more.
- 1:09 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 8:07 – Interview with Mark Ross-Smith
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- AFF Response to ACCC Report on Loyalty Schemes
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Qantas Changes: Where are the Extra Reward Seats?
- A List of Qantas Carrier Charges on Reward Flights
- Major Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus Devaluation
- Virgin Australia to Buy Back Velocity Stake
- Qantas Downgrade Compensation is Woefully Inadequate
- Qantas Eyes New Tokyo Haneda Slots
- New Qatar Airways Premium Lounge for Singapore
- Europe 2020 Early Bird Sales Have Landed