Returning to Australia over the coming few months is likely to be as hard as it’s ever been during this pandemic. But there is light at the end of the tunnel! Australia is on track to ease some international travel restrictions and introduce home quarantine for some vaccinated travellers by the end of this year.
This episode features an interview with travel agent Alan Lam about international travel to & from Australia over the coming months, and beyond.
Also in this episode, key takeaways from Qantas’ huge annual loss for the 2020-21 financial year and how to stop your points expiring while you’re stuck at home.
- 1:34 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 9:23 – Interview with Alan Lam: Returning to Australia under the reduced arrival caps over the coming months
- 20:05 – Interview with Alan Lam: Will Australia’s international travel restrictions be relaxed before the end of 2021?
- 31:15 – Highlights from the Qantas 2021 annual financial results
- 41:00 – How to prevent your frequent flyer points from expiring
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Australia Extends Halved Arrival Caps Until October 2021
- NSW Halves Overseas Arrivals Yet Again
- Qantas Plans December 2021 International Restart
- Upcoming Frequent Flyer Solutions webinar: Preserve Your Points During COVID-19 (15 September 2021)
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- How to Claim Your Qantas COVID-19 Vaccination Reward
- Virgin Australia’s COVID-19 “VA-X & Win” Competition
- Qantas Club Gives Another 7-Month Extension
- Overview of Australian State Border Restrictions
- Bankwest Caps Points on Qantas Transaction Account
- Jetstar to Reduce Wait Time for Qantas Points
- Claim 1,500 Free Etihad Guest Miles