Over the past year, flying back to Australia has been very difficult for tens of thousands of Australians – some who are still stuck overseas. Many have been bumped off their flights due to the Australian government’s restrictive arrival caps. Even some passengers on expensive paid airfares have been kicked off their flights.
So, clearly trying to fly from Europe to Australia during the pandemic using frequent flyer points is very risky. But it’s not entirely impossible. In this episode, Matt chats to Devon Indig, who used her Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles to successfully book her partner a Business class ticket from Amsterdam to Sydney last month. Find out how she did it, and the extraordinarily careful planning that enabled it to happen.
- 1:35 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 10:39 – Interview with Devon Indig
- 33:43 – Ask Matt: PPS Club & preventing points from expiring
- 37:21 – Ask Matt: Transferring Qantas Business Rewards points
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Australians Stuck Around the World Facebook group
- Mandatory 14 day Hotel Quarantine Facebook chat group
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- International Border to Remain Closed Until Mid-2022?
- Qantas Expands Embraer E190 Fleet, Destinations
- Domestic Price War Heats Up with $39 Full-Service Fares
- Photos: Virgin Australia’s New Melbourne Pop-Up Lounge
- 15-30% Bonus on Credit Card Points Transfers to Velocity (May 2021)
- ANZ, HSBC Restore Velocity Redemptions
- Discounted Qantas Club Membership
- Double Qantas Status Credits to New Zealand (May 2021)