The trans-Tasman travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand is now well and truly open, and thousands of Aussies have already flocked to New Zealand to take advantage of it. In this episode, Matt chats to Alan Lam from Netwave Travel (a.k.a. madrooster on the Australian Frequent Flyer forum) about the bubble and what you need to know before travelling to New Zealand right now. You can contact Alan by emailing alan[at]netwavetravel[dot]com.
Also in this episode, how you can claim back the GST on items you’ve bought in Australia before leaving the country through the Tourist Refund Scheme. And what happens to your frequent flyer points after you die?
Plus, as always, get a round-up of the most important Australian airline & loyalty program news from the past fortnight.
- 1:10 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 11:55 – Interview with Alan Lam – New Zealand travel bubble
- 21:38 – Interview with Alan Lam – Australia’s Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS)
- 27:46 – Interview with Alan Lam – Australia bans flights from India
- 32:10 – What happens to frequent flyer points after you pass away?
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Information about CoverMore’s COVID-19 travel insurance coverage
- Information on the Tourist Refund Scheme from Australian Border Force
- What Happens to Frequent Flyer Points After You Die?
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Qantas Customers Short-Changed on Refunds
- Overview of Australian State Border Restrictions
- Qantas Reports Strong Forward Bookings to UK, USA
- Qantas Centenary Celebrations Continue with New Museum Exhibit, Gin
- Singapore KrisFlyer Miles Will Not Expire Until April 2022
- How to Book a Jetstar Business Class Seat for $62