The long-awaited trans-Tasman travel bubble is finally here, with quarantine-free travel in both directions between Australia and New Zealand starting on Monday, 19 April! To celebrate the occasion, Qantas is reopening its flagship international First Class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne from the same date – and even Qantas Club, Gold members and Business class passengers will have access to them.
In this episode, hear what Qantas CEO Alan Joyce has to say about the launch of trans-Tasman flights, the reopening of Qantas’s international lounges and the strong recovery of Australia’s domestic aviation market.
Also in this episode, Matt chats to Carl Herve, a Qantas employee who started a successful bakery business while stood down during the COVID-19 crisis. Although he’s now back working for Qantas, Carl’s business has become so successful that he still bakes on the weekend – and Qantas is now a customer!
Finally, find out how to get a Gold status fast-track with Qantas, Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines thanks to three lucrative new offers.
- 1:28 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 12:51 – Qantas is reopening some of its international airport lounges
- 14:38 – Alan Joyce speaks about the reopening of the Qantas First Lounge in Sydney and the future of Qantas’ domestic & international businesses
- 23:13 – Neil Perry on the new Qantas First Lounge menu
- 24:06 – Interview with Carl Herve
- 29:37 – Qantas, Air New Zealand & Singapore Airlines all launch new status fast-track offers
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Qantas Status Fast Track Extended to NZ Residents
- Air New Zealand “Touch of Gold” offer
- Earn Singapore Airlines Gold Status Without Flying
- My Little Canele website
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up:
- Two-Way Trans-Tasman Bubble from 19 April 2021
- Qantas First Lounges Reopen from 19 April 2021
- Steep Rise in International Flight Taxes & Charges
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Expanding in New Zealand
- Overview of Australian State Border Restrictions
- Velocity Frequent Flyer to Partner with 7-Eleven
- Rex Opens New Temporary Canberra Lounge
- Most Australian Ibis Budgets Now Participate in Accor ALL
- Triple Velocity Points on Virgin Flights (April 2021)
- Qantas Brings Back In-Flight Entertainment