If you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you may wish to check your inbox! Qantas has been sending out more targeted double status credit offers this weekend. This time, the offer applies to all Qantas international flights for travel until 9 May 2020.
The offers are targeted, meaning you’ll only be eligible if you received an email from Qantas with a link to register for the promotion. Many AFF members have received this offer; if you didn’t get one, make sure you’ve opted in to emails from Qantas Frequent Flyer!
With this particular offer, you can earn double status credits on international flights that are marketed and operated by Qantas (i.e. on a Qantas aircraft and booked with a “QF” flight number). All fare classes are eligible. But domestic flights and flights operated by partner airlines are not eligible. This offer expires on Wednesday 22 May 2019 and you’ll need to travel between 23 May 2019 and 9 May 2020 to earn double Qantas status credits.
Qantas hasn’t been holding back on the double status credit offers lately! The airline has been continuously sending targeted offers to members over the past few months, such as the one we reported on last month. The most recent public offer (i.e. open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members) was in February this year.
Best double status credit runs
If you received the latest double status credit offer from Qantas, now would be a good time to book your next international trip! If you’re after some inspiration, here are some of the best status credit earners on Qantas international flights that are currently available to book. Note that double status credits are not earned on domestic connecting flights with this offer. The quoted status credit amounts below include Double Status Credits on all international segments:
- Brisbane-Christchurch in Business costs $934 return and earns 320 status credits (after Double Status Credits) – that’s $2.92 per status credit
- Melbourne-Sydney-Denpasar in Business costs $1,978 return and earns 560 status credits
- Melbourne-Christchurch in Business costs $1,010 return and earns 320 status credits
- Sydney-Christchurch in Business costs $1,028 return and earns 320 status credits
- Melbourne-Sydney-Jakarta in Business costs $2,109 return and earns 560 status credits
- Melbourne-Sydney-Beijing in Economy costs $576 return and earns 160 status credits (price available departing 20-25 January 2020 only)
- Adelaide-Sydney-Shanghai in Economy costs $589 return and earns 160 status credits (price available departing 20-25 January 2020 only)
- Melbourne-Sydney-Santiago in Premium Economy costs $2,122 return and earns 360 status credits (note: Melbourne-Sydney leg books into Flexible Economy)
Fly Business Class to Europe for under $5,000 and earn Gold status with Qantas & Virgin
If you’re looking at booking a Business class trip to Europe, why not combine this offer with the current Etihad Business Class sale from Jakarta to London? You could fly Qantas from Melbourne to Jakarta return in Business and earn 560 status credits. Then, fly Etihad from Jakarta to London and back to earn 480 Virgin Australia Velocity status credits. Not only will you get return flights to Europe in Business for well under $5,000, but you’ll also earn almost enough status credits to earn Gold status with both Qantas and Virgin Australia!
Did you receive this offer from Qantas? Join the discussion on the Australian Frequent Flyer forum: Qantas International DSC May 2019 promo [Book by 22/5/19, travel by 9/5/20]