Ever wondered what the people designing loyalty programs are thinking? For example, why do points expire so quickly? Are all airlines just trying to devalue your points? And what role do loyalty programs play in helping airlines out of the pandemic? Find out this and lots more in this episode, as loyalty program expert David Feldman from New World Loyalty joins Matt for an extended interview!
Also in this episode, Matt heads to Longreach and chats to Sarah Collins, the Project & Product Development Manager at the Qantas Founders Museum to find out what’s new at the museum dedicated to the history of Australia’s “national carrier”.
- 1:30 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 7:17 – Interview with Sarah Collins about the Qantas Founders Museum
- 13:10 – Interview with David Feldman: Why frequent flyer points expire, and the pros & cons of the different expiration “systems” used
- 31:19 – Interview with David Feldman: Award charts vs dynamic reward pricing
- 37:41 – Interview with David Feldman: The shift towards revenue-based loyalty programs
- 49:20 – Interview with David Feldman: Should airlines keep giving status extensions due to COVID-19?
- 56:00 – Interview with David Feldman: The logic behind double status credit offers
- 58:01 – Interview with David Feldman: Why airlines give status matches
- 1:11 – Interview with David Feldman: David’s tips for people running loyalty programs
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Virgin Australia promo codes
- Qantas Founders Museum
- Upcoming Frequent Flyer Solutions webinar: International Travel During COVID-19 (27 July 2021)
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up: