It has been a tumultuous few weeks for the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. As the coronavirus outbreak spreads exponentially, many airlines have stopped flying and international borders are being closed at unprecedented rates.
In this extended episode, Matt looks at the implications of the past few weeks on travellers and the airline industry. This episode includes interviews with travel agent Alan Lam, and Henrique Pereira from Draper Startup House in Lisbon – a hostel that unfortunately had to close due to coronavirus after just two days.
- 1:40 – Fortnightly news round-up
- 7:50 – Interview with Alan Lam: How to change or cancel bookings affected by coronavirus
- 22:45 – Interview with Alan Lam: Changes to Finnair Business class fares
- 25:03 – Matt’s story
- 31:32 – Interview with Henrique Pereira
- 48:00 – Ask Matt: Award availability, frequent flyer points and aircraft maintenance during the COVID-19 shutdown
- AFF on Air Discussion thread – a dedicated AFF thread to discuss the podcast and ask questions
- Draper Startup House
Frequent Flyer Gazette articles referenced in the fortnightly news round-up: