IHG Rewards Club points can be redeemed for hotel stays or transferred to a range of airline frequent flyer programs. When redeeming for Reward Nights, hotel rooms normally cost between 10,000 and 70,000 points per night. But there are some great deals to be found in IHG’s regular PointBreaks promotions, with rooms from just 5,000 points per night.
IHG Rewards Club releases a new list of hotels available for PointBreaks bookings every 3 months. The most recent PointBreaks promotion started this week. These offers will be available for booking until 30 September 2018. But in reality, availability is limited and many of these rooms will sell out within a few days.
There are a range of properties available in the latest list for 5,000 IHG Rewards points, although none of the hotels at this price are in Australia. A couple of Australian hotels in Sydney and Alice Springs are included on the list at higher rates, which still represent a good discount.
Hotels listed in the PointBreaks promotions used to be a fixed price of 5,000 points per night. There are now three tiers, with discounted rooms available for 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 points.
Most of the hotels available as part of the IHG Rewards PointBreaks promotions are located in the United States. But there are still many hotels available in other countries. Here are some of the hotels that may be of interest to Australians in the current PointBreaks promo…
IHG PointBreaks hotels for 5,000 points per night:
- Guangzhou – Crowne Plaza Guangzhou Huadu
- Buffalo – Holiday Inn Express & Suites Buffalo Downtown
IHG PointBreaks hotels for 10,000 points per night:
- Alice Springs – Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
- Denver – Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr
- Orlando – Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport
- Las Vegas – Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas-Nellis
- Calgary – Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
- Dresden – Holiday Inn Express Dresden City Centre
- Warsaw – Holiday Inn Warsaw City Centre
- London – Holiday Inn Express Croydon
- Amman – Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea
- Johannesburg – Crowne Plaza Johannesburg – The Rosebank
IHG PointBreaks hotels for 15,000 points per night:
- Sydney – Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley
- Dubai – Holiday Inn Al Barsha
- London – Crowne Plaza London Heathrow
- Frankfurt – Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City – Hauptbahnhof
- Paris – Holiday Inn Montmartre & Crown Plaza Charles de Gaulle
See the full list of PointBreaks properties on the IHG website.
Even if you only have 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points in your account, you can still book one of the more expensive PointBreaks properties! You’ll just need to pay a cash supplement to book to a property costing 10,000 or 15,000 points.
IHG Rewards Club members can make a maximum of 2 PointBreaks reservations per property during each promotion.
IHG Rewards Club points can be earned by staying at any InterContinental Hotels Group brand. These include Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Intercontinental Hotels and Hotel Indigo. IHG also sells points outright for USD13.50 per thousand. Until 22 August 2018, you can even get up to 100% bonus points when buying at least 5,000 IHG points.
Join the discussion on the Australian Frequent Flyer forum: Point Breaks Jul 23 – Sep 30 2018
Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Be the Frequent Flyer Expert! Subscribe below to The Frequent Flyer Gazette to receive free updates in your inbox every Monday & Thursday morning.