Cathay Pacific will launch flights from Hong Kong to Copenhagen, Dublin and Brussels next year… and you can book a seat right now in Economy or Business class using Qantas points.
Flying to Europe with Qantas points just got a little easier… especially if you’re travelling to Copenhagen, Dublin or Brussels. Cathay Pacific has just announced that it will fly to all three European cities from next year.
You can redeem your Qantas points right now for each of the new flights in either Economy or Business class. The flights will be operated by Airbus A350-900s which also feature Premium Economy, but no Premium Economy award seats have been released yet.
The new Cathay Pacific routes will operate as follows:
- Hong Kong (HKG) to Brussels (BRU) – 4x weekly, starting 25 March 2018
- Hong Kong (HKG) to Dublin (DUB) – 4x weekly, starting 2 June 2018
- Hong Kong (HKG) to Copenhagen (CPH) – 3x weekly seasonal service starting 2 May 2018.
There are currently 5x Economy award seats and 3x Business class award seats available on many of the new flights. This includes during the July 2018 school holidays.
A one-way flight from Hong Kong to Copenhagen, for example, costs 42,000 Qantas points in Economy or 78,000 points in Business class (plus around $50 in taxes). From most cities in Australia, flights to all three new destinations (via Hong Kong) will cost 75,000 Qantas points in Economy or 139,000 points in Business.
If you have points with another Oneworld frequent flyer program – such as American Airlines AAdvantage or Cathay Pacific’s own Asia Miles program – you can redeem those points too for the new flights. Booking via American Airlines AAdvantage is good value at just 85,000 miles one-way in Business class from Australia to anywhere in Europe.
If you’re travelling to Copenhagen, booking through Asia Miles is exceptional value. Flights from Australia to Copenhagen cost just 90,000 Asia Miles return in Economy or 145,000 Asia miles for a round-trip Business ticket.
- Currency: Qantas Frequent Flyer points
- Airline: Cathay Pacific
- Routes: Hong Kong to Copenhagen, Dublin & Brussels
- Class of travel: Economy or Business class
- Cost: 42,000 Qantas points + $53 taxes (e.g. Hong Kong-Copenhagen in Economy, one-way)
- Availability: Excellent. There are 3x Business awards and 5x Economy seats available on many flights.
- How to book: Cathay Pacific award flights can be booked on the Qantas website.
Would you like help using your frequent flyer points?
Frequent Flyer Solutions offers a personalised service that’s designed to take the hard work out of redeeming your frequent flyer points!
Award Flight Assist can help you to find the perfect flights using your points. Just let the team know how many points you have and where you would like to go, and they’ll prepare an itinerary for you.
Not sure yet where you’d like to go with your points? Stay tuned for more Points Inspiration articles!