GOLF TORNEY for AFF | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

GOLF TORNEY for AFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

munitalP

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Hi all

Is anyone interested in a AFF golf torney?

I was thinking we could get a interstate AFF torney off the ground if we had enough interest...

Round 1 could be Sanctaury Lakes in VIC (my club) where there's also onsite accommodation (Quest) and I have a good chance of winning because I know the course... :cool:

Round 2 could be a BNE or Gold Coast course with accommodation

Round 3 could be a NSW or SA course with accommodation

I would anticipate tri-annual, one best ball, one match play and one stableford with an AFF handicapping based on golf links handicap, the handicappers mood :shock: and how well you played previous round... ;)

Fire away with ideas and lets see what we can come up with - I know not everyone will be into playing golf, but for the chance of meeting everyone else, there would be a drinks tent (or 2) to man as well as a drinks cart and a BBQ stand!

I'm sure everyone would enjoy themselves and there would be prizes!

I look forward to the forum's thoughts :mrgreen:

Mr!

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I would be quite interested; however, I don't have a Golf Link card, merely my social Gold Club handicap from 12-14 rounds per year.

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
We have tried organising an AFF golf challenge in the past. Potentially it sounds like a good idea but it is not easy to organise.

For me it is difficult as I live in SYD and work in BNE and mainly book flights 3 months in advance so I would need plenty of notice if I was to attend the golf challenge. Places like MEL, ADL and PER would be out of the question. Probably best if it was in BNE or SYD.

By the way I just bought a new set of golf clubs and used them on the weekend. I shot 4 over par yesterday, with 2 three putts, and I have taken the clubs with me to Thailand. I am expecting to shoot some good scores while I am away....

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I don't play but will happily walk the course and have a good laugh at other peoples expense. :mrgreen:

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
straitman, that is truly an evil thought :shock:

I'd love to be involved...remember well JohnK's thread and agree with the logistical concerns. Would need 1+ AFF members in each city to probably organise.

I no longer have an official AGU handicap, mine is merely the fact that I don't get out enough and play. With a family of scratch golfers, club champions, it is :oops:

Maybe we start one game at a time.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm staying @ CP Pelican Waters in January... so happy for anyone who wants to play, to join me :D

Ari Gold

If weekend hackers are invited, count me in for any MEL games (can possibly do SYD).

thegurio

Flights
My Map
I think i will need a status run in November so anywhere in SYD or BNE will be fine, i dont think i can get over the line with MEL. But having said that would love to do it. Would prefer it to be a one day hit during the week as that will be the easiest for me to get there, weekends are a bit hectic with our schedule and we generally dont know what we are doing until short notice.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I couldn't play golf to save my life, but I may turn up for a laugh :)

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
So just to summarise. No commitment from anyone on AFF yet!

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Hey hey now, I've already said I'm up in BNE, in January, and staying at a Golf Resort; that's good enough for me :cool:

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm the same.. but I'm happy to drive the golf buggy around the course!!!
I seem to recall from JohnK's last thread that NM said exactly the same thing....

JohnK said:
So just to summarise. No commitment from anyone on AFF yet!
Including you ;)....if dates were advised, perhaps some would be able to confirm their ability/inability straight away. Others may not be able to advise until much closer to the date (I'd be in that category), given other commitments (family in my situation).

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Including you ;)....if dates were advised, perhaps some would be able to confirm their ability/inability straight away. Others may not be able to advise until much closer to the date (I'd be in that category), given other commitments (family in my situation).
I would definately try to get to anything that was organised (even if I am manning the drinks text!). Of course, my strike rate for getting to things this year has been a little lower than I would like, but hoping to improve on getting to things.

munitalP

Suspended
Flights
My Map
Ok, it seems there's some interest...

Can we have a vote please - go to the new thread (poll) and cast your vote as to which state

Poll open 7 days from today - obviously most votes wins

Also, when you vote, include a message indicating weekend or weekday and how much you are prepared to spend

Good voting!

tuapekastar

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm from the Mark Twain School of Golf Appreciation, but I could possibly attempt it and provide comic relief! Very dependent on when and where though. I have no preference, will just see what comes out in the wash and whether I can make it.

munitalP

Suspended
Flights
My Map
OXLEY Golf Course - any objections? With electric cart, well under budget!!

Please consider...

Mr!

thegurio

Flights
My Map
Are we talking Mid-week or weekend? Mid-week stands a 60% chance but only on a wed if before January...

For me it would be a Sparrows fart start and late flight home for me.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
There are sales that work currently from 13th Jan to 7th Apr. I am prepared for mid week/weekend other than certain proscribed dates during this period.

Arrange any day that I can get to before this coming Tuesday Midday and I'll be there!

(Off the top of my head 1, 6, 7, 8, 15 Feb, 15 Mar are no goes during that period)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db07mufan