Changing SQ/VS/NZ J class RTW Ticket

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by airnewzealand, Sep 4, 2005.

1. airnewzealand

airnewzealand Junior Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Hi

I want to change my RTW J class ticket to go SFO AKL SYD rather than SFO AKL CHC AKL.

Would I have to pay the USD$75 reissue fee or will they just change in the res system for free and not require a ticket reissue?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Thanks

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Given your handle, airnewzealand, this may not be a relevent reply, however with oneWORLD you would need to reticket at a fee (as of 15th August) of US$125.

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Where's Kiwi Flyer when you need him??? :roll: :D

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Seoul!

5. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    If you check the T&C's of your ticket, it will stipulate whether it's possible to change routing after ticket issuance, and if so, at what cost. Presuming route changes are possible for this J fare, then they will not simply change in the res. system, and yes you'll need to pay something (per the T&Cs).

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Assuming you have a CRWSTARx - ie standard *A RTW, as opposed to some airline specific RTW, then

You can change routing apart from prior to the first international leg, for a change fee (which IIRC has recently gone up to US$125). Plus any taxes will be recalculated, so will have extra fuel surcharges (NZ's just went up last week so bad timing) and any other tax change.

As this is a change of routing, ticket must be reissued - I dont know of any way to avoid this.

The new routing will need to be valid per the rules (ie number of sectors, at least 3 stopovers, etc).

If its some other airline specific RTW (eg SQ/LH/NZ) then will depend on the rules of that specific fare which can vary for each one so I wont be much (any?) help there.

Sorry for the delay in replying - been travelling.

7. airnewzealand

Mar 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Update

I managed to change it without a problem. Rang SQ - who I originally booked tix with - who said no problem but a UDS$75 ticket reissue fee which I expected. Popping into SQ TO tommorow to chage the tix and pay the fee.

Thanks for all your advice.

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Good news, and you've just beaten the SQ fuel surcharge increases.

9. airnewzealand

Mar 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Kiwi Flyer

I decided not to change it at this stage after hearing about the possible delays in delivery of the 772. I rang SQ and they said not a problem and if I do decide to reroute AKL SYD.

I do want to pay USD$75 and end up on a A320.

If the 772 is delayed this is going to create a scheduling nightmare for NZ.
    Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the delays wil only be minimal.

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    When's your travel? If its more than a couple of months away then 777s should be delivered by then (strike isnt that long yet). But it is a bit of a gamble hoping to get them during their training runs trans-tasman.

11. airnewzealand

Mar 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Kiwi Flyer

Flying SFO AKL on 27 November - what do you rate my chances???

Cheers

12. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Now you've confused me :lol:

I presume your OP has a typo and were looking at switching from SFO-LAX-AKL to SFO-AKL?

In that case, I'd still change as fairly likely on SFO-AKL to either have the new 777, or refurbished 747. Whereas LAX-AKL/CHC may or may not be refurbished 747 (or will be 767 if on one of the island hopper flights).

13. airnewzealand

Mar 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Sorry to confuse you. Here is my itinenary:

LHR LAX NZ1 19 Nov
    SFO AKL NZ7 27 Nov
    AKL CHC NZ503 29 Nov
    CHC SYD NZ183 29 Nov

Does this make sense?

14. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    airnewzealand

I think you mean LHR-LAX on flight NZ1 for 19NOV05.

15. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    gotcha I think.

With the delays to 777 coming into service (due to strike at Boeing) I wouldn't switch to AKL-SYD from CHC-SYD.