BP Bonus Points Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberdog100

Intern
Has anyone else received a leaflet in the mail last week about a BP Bonus Points promo? Its personalised so I'm guessing it only applies to some people?

The deal is:

1000 bonus points on your first spend of $50 or more at BP

5 bonus points per $1 spent on each transaction of $50 or more

Offer valid between 7/10/2008 to 30/11/2008.

Seems like a great offer, shame I filled up petrol at Caltex only a couple of days earlier, but will definitely be going to BP during the promo period now!

Has anyone else received a leaflet in the mail last week about a BP Bonus Points promo? Its personalised so I'm guessing it only applies to some people?
Yes, I was targetted as well. Am spewing because I filled up at the bowser at BP Rose Bay (NSW) yesterday for $51 (deliberately) and at the cash register they rung up something like $48! I asked why he charged less and he automatically took 3c/l off because I filled up with their unleaded with 10% ethanol - and they were running a promotion!

D'ohhh!

This is one of the few times I was disappointed for paying less!!! :mad:

So for those taking advantage of this offer, make sure you spend about $55 for fear of BP doing you a "favour".

Yes, I was targetted as well. Am spewing because I filled up at the bowser at BP Rose Bay (NSW) yesterday for $51 (deliberately) and at the cash register they rung up something like $48! I asked why he charged less and he automatically took 3c/l off because I filled up with their unleaded with 10% ethanol - and they were running a promotion!

D'ohhh!

This is one of the few times I was disappointed for paying less!!! :mad:

So for those taking advantage of this offer, make sure you spend about $55 for fear of BP doing you a "favour".
mick,

Is 1000 points worth $3 to you :?:

Also what type of points are we talking about :?:

mick,

Is 1000 points worth $3 to you :?:

Also what type of points are we talking about :?:

In the MR world, 1000 points is worth about $10, if converting to vouchers. In any case, I don't think the extra $3 of fuel would be wasted - it would get used!

The deal is:

1000 bonus points on your first spend of $50 or more at BP

5 bonus points per $1 spent on each transaction of $50 or more

Offer valid between 7/10/2008 to 30/11/2008.

Seems like a great offer, shame I filled up petrol at Caltex only a couple of days earlier, but will definitely be going to BP during the promo period now!

Did you have to enter a promo code? i might fill up at BP next time and just see what happens....

I guess a bit more background would be helpful:

* are the points for a particular credit crad. If so which one? Amex, Citibank, Fuel Card etc.

* or are they direct to Qantas or Virgin?

I suggest being in the "Amex" forum, then this is related to a small Amex promotion targeted specifically at certain card holders.

But I also echo the comments requesting more info about the promotion (eg which card etc)

There were no codes to enter, I think it is a smaller targeted promotion. I have been using a Rewards Mazimiser for the past 18 months or so, also have a Amex Gold and Qantas co-branded Amex which I haven't used in a long time.

So I'd imagine its probably only applicable if you've received the notice, however anyone else with an Amex card is most welcome to try, for a possible 1000 points its worth it!

My guess is it wouldn't apply to Qantas co-branded cards and probably not to the DJ's card either since it specifically says "Membership Rewards Points".

mick: you should have got a chocolate bar or a bottle of coke or something to push it over the edge, any purchase(s) from BP count, as long as its over $50 in a single transaction. They give the example of fuel, coffee, newspapers, carwashes, snacks, groceries.

Hope that helps.

I shall my mail again to see if there is any leaflet - I just wish I could fill the Jeep for less than $50 though ... $90+ yesterday...

I got it this morning and think it's worth doing some "double dipping" here - as this one piggy-backs with the other Amex offer most of us are on :mrgreen:.

The card states verbatim:

American Express/BP said:
Earn 5 Membership RewardsTM Bonus Points for every $1 you spend at BP.

Page 2

Dear Mr Wilson,

Turn refuelling into rewards

Due to global fuel prices, a visit to the service station can be a less than rewarding experience.- until now. Use your American Express Card at BP, and you'll earn 5 Membership Rewards Bonus Points for every $1 you spend*. Now that's something to smile about.

Shop at BP and you points will soon add up

From petrol to coffee, or even bread and milk, your points will accumulate in no time at all. Here's an example of how your Membership Rewards Bonus Points could add up, on top of the points you already earn:

Weekly Fuel $50
Miscellaneous items (papers, coffee, snacks, groceries, carwashes): $30
Total spend: $80
Bonus points 400

Page 3

How will you boost your points?

There are plenty of opportunities to maximise your points with 1,400 outlets across the country. To find you local BP visit merchant map

[and then highlights the 5 different areas of BP servo's - BP Connect, Wild Bean Cafe, BP 2go, The BP Shop and BP Superwash.]

Page 4

No coupons mean no hassles

There's no complicated docket collecting with this offer. Earning Membership Rewards Bonus Points is as easy as using your American Express Card at BP. Remember, the sooner you start shopping, the sooner you'll start earning points. But hurry, offer ends 30 November 2008.

Yours sincerely,

Corrina Davidson
Vice President
Brand Loyalty & Rewards

Terms & Conditions
This Bonus Point offer is valid on transactions of $50 or more at any BP service station within Australia from 7/0/08 to 30/11/08 and is available only to American Expres Cardmembers to whom the correspondence is addressed. Enrolment in Membership Rewards is required (an anual fee may apply). All Corporate Cards, Wantas Americanm express Cards and cards not issued by American express are excluded from this promotion. Offer is valid for purchases charged to an eligible Australian Dollar American express Card. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. Please allow 8-10 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your account

So it's not just petrol. This might mean that for the next 6 weeks, I move my spend to BP from Wollies/Caltex and fill up when I'm down at 1/4 tank (like tonight :D) rather than when I'm empty. Thanks Amex and I'll see you at the pump...

This Bonus Point offer is valid on transactions of $50 or more at any BP service station within Australia from 7/0/08 to 30/11/08 and is available only to American Expres Cardmembers to whom the correspondence is addressed. Enrolment in Membership Rewards is required (an anual fee may apply).

In light of another promo which has generated just a touch of interest on this forum ;) it is interesting to note that the T&C has included this time "to whom the correspondence is addressed".

....plus clearly exluding no Amex orginated Cards..

Though having this plus other bonueses is not excluded..again in light of the other thread where Amex is retrospectively removing people from muiltiple bonuses.

Last edited:
Though having this plus other bonuses is not exclude..again in light of the other thread where Amex is retrospectively removing people from muiltiple bonuses.

I dont think that Amex have an issue with people joining multiple promos - just not multiple versions of the same promo.

Agree with simongr - this is a targetted promo (with tightly worded T&C's on that point), for a limited time frame, with a specific supplier and precise products allowed (all of them!) - so they will be well aware of the issues (as it has commencement date of 7 October, well after the issues with the other promo - so they will have learnt something surely :rolleyes:)

Of course, it has my mind thinking - my business card and Mrs LW's card are both supplementary ones to my primary card - so it begs the question, does this mean all BP spending will get bonus points...hmmm, will have to find out when Mrs LW fills up again (pity, we filled up her car - using Amex of couse - yesterday...but not at BP). Had we only known :oops:

Received this in the mail today. It does beg the question - does it apply to secondary cardholders. With my visa and mastercards, all cards have the same number however AMEX is clever and the secondary cardholders have different nos although it does all appear on the same statement in the end!

Received this in the mail today. It does beg the question - does it apply to secondary cardholders. With my visa and mastercards, all cards have the same number however AMEX is clever and the secondary cardholders have different nos although it does all appear on the same statement in the end!

With both this and the "no Limit" promo it is not clear..

Indeed the "No Limit" promo's amended T&C now states it is for a single enrolment only...but again it is not known whether this includes supplementary cards. ie is it the person and their MR account that is enrolled or is it one specific ard only?

Perhaps anyone who used supplementary Cards for the 2007 Xmas 10 point per$ promo for spend at Electrical Stores may care to comment whether Supplementary Card holders gained points for that promo?

I am the Primary card/account holder and my wife has a supplement card and we *always* receive points for both cards in any promotion AMEX runs - this is due to being enrolled into the same Ascent Account..

ie, 2 amex cards and 1 MR account

Hopefully I have this card in my letter box when I get home from work - BP is my fuel of choice :)

Cheers

Thanks Batman.....

Dare I asked if the supplementay cardholder in your case is Robin? ;)

Last edited:
My supp holder is Tonto...

No problems with Supp holder receiving 10 BP per Dollar at last years +$400 purchase promo.

Well MelUser, let's hope from those positive words above from batman and serfty that it will be the same for this promo.

At least for me this is a small consolation since I never knew about the other major promo with the 10k bonus points, never got a card for it and hadn't been on here in a while, I guess I've learned my lesson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back