DRAMA AT CITIBANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seriously I'm so sick of trying to talk to these indian monkeys and their poor understanding of natural english that if they weren't locked inside their dungeons 24/7 it might be worth flying over to take them out.

I hardly ever need any assistance but when I do need it the last thing I or anyone else needs to deal with is a massive language barrier that is the ONLY real way possible to communicate to someone via phone (dont get technical on me!)

I would like to think that at 250 bucks a year I could have just one, 5 minute talk with someone and not have to speak to them like a 4 year old.

FYI: The Platinum desk is the number I've been calling - 1800 818 008

What's the magical phone number to avoid the call being routed via ANYWHERE IN ASIA ?!?~?~?!!

I can sympathise.My business partner is trying to talk to someone in australia about a DC account and has had the run around for the last 5 days.
The only time I have called the citibank platinum service is from overseas and then have got through to an australian centre.You would not have to go overseas-the number starts with 612 on the back of your platinum card so is obviously a NSW number as the last 8 digits(dont want to give away too many secrets).

maybe you should change the name of this thread.

one9 said:
maybe you should change the name of this thread.

Any suggestions? The words I wanted to use were filtered...

ddron, I just looked and found a local number on the back of the card...going to try it now thanks :)

Die is probably to harsh a word dOOt...may I suggest "I would love to throttle". More expressive and definite words may get you in trouble from admin, Federal Police, Interpol, etc :oops:

Believe me, I can totally understand your frustration. I have stopped using my CB card until they credit my account with a missing 10K points from a referral (for which I have given them all the relevant details). They were warned I was going to do this and still have failed to do anything...thus I am voting with my feet.

I now only use it when somebody doesn't accept my Amex.

Yeah, I agree on both counts...

The title is a bit 'harsh'... plus, i also hate dealing with the 'people' on the end of a CB phone line.... somewhere in Asia!

regards,

Dear Mr d00t,

Thank you for your feedback.

*snip*

Furthermore, we assure you that all call centre staff are fully trained to meet our global and local standards and no matter where they are in the world, our employees are a mix of ethnicity and are fluent in English.

Cancelling platinum visa next month before renewal for sure!

drron said:
I can sympathise.My business partner is trying to talk to someone in australia about a DC account and has had the run around for the last 5 days.
The only time I have called the citibank platinum service is from overseas and then have got through to an australian centre.You would not have to go overseas-the number starts with 612 on the back of your platinum card so is obviously a NSW number as the last 8 digits(dont want to give away too many secrets).

Bit suss about this. Every time I ring that number, I am overseas, I always get a non Australian.....
2 years ago, mostly Australian, now never...

Now, when I ring and transferred to the twight zone. After finishing the conversation, when they ask " Is there anything else I can help you with today" I always say " Well you haven't helped with my first problem, why should I bother getting you to fix the second" You can always hear the paper shuffle happening, trying to find a canned response to that one.

Rob

d00t said:
Dear Mr d00t,

Thank you for your feedback.

*snip*

Furthermore, we assure you that all call centre staff are fully trained to meet our global and local standards and no matter where they are in the world, our employees are a mix of ethnicity and are fluent in English.

Cancelling platinum visa next month before renewal for sure!

You will probably find the email came from there as well...
Here's a feel good story about Citibank's Twight Zone operations.
http://www.silicon.com/silicon/research/specialreports/offshoring/0,3800003026,39129426,00.htm[/url]

Re: DRAMA: SOMEONE AT CITIBANK IS GOING TO DIE + (RACISM INS

d00t said:
Seriously I'm so sick of trying to talk to these indian monkeys and their poor understanding of natural english

And how about you focus on the problem (Citibank's choice of call-centre company) rather than spewing such offensive garbage about the poor sods who have to communicate with you in order to earn money?

robertz said:
Bit suss about this. Every time I ring that number, I am overseas, I always get a non Australian.....
2 years ago, mostly Australian, now never...

Now, when I ring and transferred to the twight zone. After finishing the conversation, when they ask " Is there anything else I can help you with today" I always say " Well you haven't helped with my first problem, why should I bother getting you to fix the second" You can always hear the paper shuffle happening, trying to find a canned response to that one.

Rob
Called december 2004 and september 2005.Must have been lucky as both times got through to an australian.On the downside both calls were after they had put a stop on my card after large purchases.Both times I had advised them of the purchase and amounts.

I'm new here.

It may surprise you to know that English is one of the two national languages of India, and that understanding of 'natural english' in India is actually quite good.

What may not be good is their understanding of English as spoken by the average Australian.

Exactly whose problem that is remains to be ascertained.

Rexer said:
I'm new here.

It may surprise you to know that English is one of the two national languages of India, and that understanding of 'natural english' in India is actually quite good.

What may not be good is their understanding of English as spoken by the average Australian.

Welcome to AFF Rexer.
I understand the majority of calls to the now many customer service departments in Australia are transferred to India, and I can appreciate that costs are a primary consideration with this decision. Although the CSA to whom I speak in India does not appear to have a problem understanding my words, my problem is I am either unable to understand the CSA, or the CSA is unable to understand my question. I have often given up, thanked them for their assistance (even though they were unable to provide any) and called back at a later time when hopefully I can speak with someone who can understand. It is extremely frustrating, and if a card provider could guarantee that their Customer Service area is in AUS I would probably transfer to that card simply for the convenience of having someone understand me.

Rexer said:
... Exactly whose problem that is remains to be ascertained.
IMO the problem lies with the service provider.

It's they who will lose when frustated 'Strailyan customers take their business elsewhere.

Maca44 said:
Rexer said:
I'm new here.

Welcome to AFF Rexer.
I understand the majority of calls to the now many customer service departments in Australia are transferred to India, and I can appreciate that costs are a primary consideration with this decision. Although the CSA to whom I speak in India does not appear to have a problem understanding my words, my problem is I am either unable to understand the CSA, or the CSA is unable to understand my question. I have often given up, thanked them for their assistance (even though they were unable to provide any) and called back at a later time when hopefully I can speak with someone who can understand. It is extremely frustrating, and if a card provider could guarantee that their Customer Service area is in AUS I would probably transfer to that card simply for the convenience of having someone understand me.

Maca you sum it up perfectly :p

Let me just say that your responses totally changed the way i see Australians. Ive always thought that that you people welcome other nationalities and the least who are racist... guess i was wrong. Living in Australia is the worst decision ive ever made. A note to all racist: I will convince fellow asians to leave this god forsaken country! :evil:

asian said:
Ive always thought that that you people welcome other nationalities and the least who are racist... guess i was wrong. Living in Australia is the worst decision ive ever made. A note to all racist: I will convince fellow asians to leave this god forsaken country! :evil:
Your original thought is correct and that is that Australians are the least racist people on this earth.

I have spent enough time in Asia and have observed that the majority of Asians are racist including being racist toward other Asians.

I don't know where you come from but count yourself lucky that you live in the greatest country on this earth and are accepted for what you are and encouraged to maintain your traditions.

Just spare a thought for Christians living in Indonesia and Malaysia. A white person visiting Malaysia is not made to feel very welcome. What about Filipinos living in Singapore, they are treated as second class citizens. Singaporeans in general look down on most people including caucasians and it is difficult to engage them in conversation let alone acknowledge you exist. How about farangs visiting or living in Thailand.......

asian said:
A note to all racist: I will convince fellow asians to leave this god forsaken country! :evil:

av-117.jpg

Why can't we all live as one happy nation ?

Why can't we all live as one happy nation ?[/quote]

Offensive racist posts like the one that you used to start this thread are probably one of the reasons.

I can't believe it's still here it should have been removed

"....leave this God foresaken country".

True leaders lead by example.

Guess your looking for a good airfare.... that's why your here, on this Forum, isn't it?

pleasant day to all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back