Velocity Platinum Complimentary Upgrades

👍🏼

You can also search for the business class seat first, confirm it’s available, then book your economy seat and upgrade instantly via the call centre. Which is how I secured mine.
I did the same for BNE-DPS, a couple of years ago
 
I also found the same issue however when I received the email asking me to make an upgrade bid ($) I then rang them up and the seats were available. I am guessing about 1 week prior to the flight and try again. I also was told by a customer service rep to ring every day and check.
 
I also found the same issue however when I received the email asking me to make an upgrade bid ($) I then rang them up and the seats were available. I am guessing about 1 week prior to the flight and try again. I also was told by a customer service rep to ring every day and check.
I’d be thinking it’s a lot less stressful to just check the website each day instead of calling :D Although as plat you get through pretty quickly. It’s just the long winded message about flight times not forming part of your contract and being respectful and all that stuff. A one minute enquiry takes 10 by the time of all the messages and the agent confirming your booking details.
 
I've managed to use up my 4 upgrades for flights between SYD and PER. It's a saving of $800 each way, so I'm happy with squeezing $3200 worth out of those complimentary upgrades!
 
Down to basics....it should be readily available to be applied on-line for Plats to use the vouchers without the nuance. None of the nonsense that it entails. I would.be really curious to see stats for the uptake of the upgrade "perk".
I've managed to use up my 4 upgrades for flights between SYD and PER. It's a saving of $800 each way, so I'm happy with squeezing $3200 worth out of those complimentary upgrades!
Well done. I've still walked away when I see the flex fare between the two cities to be honest.
 
Down to basics....it should be readily available to be applied on-line for Plats to use the vouchers without the nuance. None of the nonsense that it entails. I would.be really curious to see stats for the uptake of the upgrade "perk".

Well done. I've still walked away when I see the flex fare between the two cities to be honest.
First year I didn’t use them at all. Second year as an afterthought… and hurriedly booked 4 x flex to use the vouchers. Savings between flex at $209 and business at $349… so abut $600 in the bank.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Looked at using the UpgradeMe Platinum Offer for 2 pax travelling
ZQN/BNE/CNS next February. Business Reward available for 2 pax BNE/CNS,
booked that one.

ZQN/BNE Business Reward availability only 1 pax.

Looked at other dates and other short haul international routes, looks like
VA only release 1 Business Reward seat on each short haul international flight.
Not good form if this is the norm.
 
Looked at using the UpgradeMe Platinum Offer for 2 pax travelling
ZQN/BNE/CNS next February. Business Reward available for 2 pax BNE/CNS,
booked that one.

ZQN/BNE Business Reward availability only 1 pax.

Looked at other dates and other short haul international routes, looks like
VA only release 1 Business Reward seat on each short haul international flight.
Not good form if this is the norm.
Yep, with all the changes you would have thought they could have made this simpler and easier for plat members ...but nope. They will reduce the price for economy X seats through this promotion and that promotion for everyone else and give nada back to plats! Many have never been able to use the the play upgrades. Also it should.be on choice fares....not just flex!
 
Looked at using the UpgradeMe Platinum Offer for 2 pax travelling
ZQN/BNE/CNS next February. Business Reward available for 2 pax BNE/CNS,
booked that one.

ZQN/BNE Business Reward availability only 1 pax.

Looked at other dates and other short haul international routes, looks like
VA only release 1 Business Reward seat on each short haul international flight.
Not good form if this is the norm.
Never know what can happen when you book the one reward seat.

Another one can become available.
It does happen I can verify. Obviously not always.
 
Never know what can happen when you book the one reward seat.

Another one can become available.
It does happen I can verify. Obviously not always.

All good, lucked in on my last day of Platinum, another seat became available.
 
Can anyone advise if I can use Platinum complimentary upgrade for just 1 leg of the PNR? Looking at BNE-PER but business reward seat only available for the last flight which is too late, and the earlier BNE-SYD-PER has availability. Flex fare price almost identical. Can I use my comp upgrade for SYD-PER only, or must upgrade both?
 
Can anyone advise if I can use Platinum complimentary upgrade for just 1 leg of the PNR? Looking at BNE-PER but business reward seat only available for the last flight which is too late, and the earlier BNE-SYD-PER has availability. Flex fare price almost identical. Can I use my comp upgrade for SYD-PER only, or must upgrade both?
The upgrades are sector by sector.

If you book BNE SYD PER on two flight numbers, you would need to.use two upgrades for the whole trip.

That does not stop you using a single upgrade for just SYD PER.
 
On this topic....is there step by step guide as to how to get this upgrade as platinum as a sticky or something? It just seems complicated.

Never used mine ever as it just seems to be a pain.
 
On this topic....is there step by step guide as to how to get this upgrade as platinum as a sticky or something? It just seems complicated.

Never used mine ever as it just seems to be a pain.
Here is my process as a platinum:

. This is done on working days during business hours while the Velocity call centre is open.

. A search for award business flight availability on the route and day I will be travelling is done. I Note those award flights available.

. I Search for flexi flight availability on the same flights. (Platinum Plus need only search for Choice fares.)

. Choose the flexi/Award business option that best suits your needs.

. Book that flight. Wait for e-ticket.

. Once e-ticket arrives, Immediately call Velocity.

. Tell them what you have booked and that you wish to apply a platinum upgrade.

. Often the agent will be surprised there is availability.

. Hopefully the next thing that happens is they ask of your preferred seat.

. Shortly a new e-ticket should arrive for Business Class.

There is some advice in the following link but it is not the same process as I have always been able to redeem mine; but I do generally do it months in advance.

 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top