Qatar Frequent Flyer vs Velocity Virgin Australia

L19MudMan

Newbie
Joined
Oct 8, 2026
Posts
2
Hey, just after some information what way I am best to try do this.
I am currently 180 status credits from Velocity Platinum.

I am flying Perth-Doha-Manchester return every month but I have been booking through Virgin due to my Gold status so I get the Gold perks.

However, I want to try get Qatar Q Points and attain Gold with them. Is there anyway I can continue to book with Virgin Australia but claim Qatar Q-Points?

If you get what I mean so I don't lose the Gold perks but earn the Q Points at same time
 
:confused:Hey, just after some information what way I am best to try do this.
I am currently 180 status credits from Velocity Platinum.

I am flying Perth-Doha-Manchester return every month but I have been booking through Virgin due to my Gold status so I get the Gold perks.

However, I want to try get Qatar Q Points and attain Gold with them. Is there anyway I can continue to book with Virgin Australia but claim Qatar Q-Points?

If you get what I mean so I don't lose the Gold perks but earn the Q Points at same time
By "booking through Virgin" [what ever that means] do you have VA flight number PER-DOH? For DOH-MAN VA or QR flight number?
Gold on different airline frequent flyer programs is not always the same. Qatar Airways - oneworld Member Airline
  • QR silver (oneworld ruby) [same as QF silver)
  • QR gold (oneworld sapphire) [same as QF gold). Comes with lounge access. Usually has lounge access. but QR does at time sell tickets without lounge access
  • QR Platinum (oneworld emerald) [same as QF platinum). Addiontional benfits for OWE
Do you know if there is a way around it after I've flown as I want to tracked on gold but credit the QR FF
What do you mean by "want to tracked on gold"?😕
You cannot double dip.

You may get far better pricing MAN-DOH-PER-DOH-MAN (ex UK) compared to PER-DOH-MAN-DOH-PER (ex AU). Get a oneway PER to MAN to start that cycle. Or a return with say 6-9 months out.(nested flights). But VA may not be able to sell ex UK with VA flight numbers. Will be a range of airlines ex UK.
 
Last edited:
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just wanted to point out that if you choose to credit to QR and wanted to earn domestically :
- no Qpoints earning on VA domestic services unless booked under QR xx_x.
- no Qpoints earning on QF domestic services unless booked as part of an international itinerary on QF or QR.

QR Silver is great for some outstations as you get lounge access (Air NZ lounge for PER and 1903 or Escape Lounge in MAN).

DOH Silver Lounge is okay for a quick shower only.

Use the $20 voucher attached to your boarding pass for a great coffee at Flat White Speciality Coffee or a snack at EverGreen Organics (good until 30NOV26).
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top