Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel, Singapore | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel, Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettmcg

Flights
My Map
Hi All,

I have just made a booking at the Royal Plaza on Scotts in Singapore for a one night stay in November. I noticed that the stated price is then "subject to 10% service fee and prevailing taxes".

Does anyone have experience at this hotel, and exactly how much am I likely to be up for in 'prevailing taxes'?

Cheers,

Brett

serfty

Flights
My Map
Ah! Singapore - I first came across the dreaded +++.

I think +++ comes out at 17.7%

serfty

Flights
My Map
Here's a good link: Goods & Services Tax

Code:
For GST-registered hotel and F&B operators, GST is charged on the sum of:

* The price of the goods and services; and
    * 10% service charge

Example

Food                                     $100.00

10% Service Charge                        $10.00

$110.00

7% GST                                     $7.70

Total Price With GST                     $117.70
There is also someing else referred to as CESS that may be payable. It is 1%, but I'm not sure how it gets applied in this case.

superchris

Brettmcg said:
Hi All,

I have just made a booking at the Royal Plaza on Scotts in Singapore for a one night stay in November. I noticed that the stated price is then "subject to 10% service fee and prevailing taxes".

Does anyone have experience at this hotel, and exactly how much am I likely to be up for in 'prevailing taxes'?

Cheers,

Brett
Brett,

Go here to get opinions of this Hotel Royal Plaza on Scotts (Singapore, Singapore) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
There is also someing else referred to as CESS that may be payable. It is 1%, but I'm not sure how it gets applied in this case.
The rate of cess decreased to 0% at the beginning of July.

Evan

Established Member
Arrrhhh Singapore taxes !
10% + 7% now. (Note until a couple of months ago was 10% + 1% +5%, not sure of order)

I just wish more places would provide the inclusive price. And you would be supprised, some bars include GST and have no service charge and others are all +++

E

tuapekastar

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
The rate of cess decreased to 0% at the beginning of July.
So there was a cessation of the cess? Guess that means the cesspool won't be growing any bigger. :shock:

(well, someone had to say it...:oops: )

one9

I have stayed here a couple of times. It is quite OK - nothing special though. The good is that it has free wifi and free soft drinks in minibar. Yes, you will be up for around 17% in +++

sue_in_oz

Checked out from the Mandarin down the road on Monday - hotel charges were along the following lines

Total amount without charges 100 (amount as per quote)
Total service charge 10
Total CESS 0
Total GST 7.7
Total amount with taxes 117.7

HTH
Sue

chrisb

Brettmcg said:
Yeah, I stayed there over Easter - Nice hotel, good location for walking down to Orchard Rd and the fresh juices at the restaurant were great. :)

They were also really good in offering a (free) 4pm late checkout without us asking.

Chrisb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justtravellin'