QF 25 - Change in Aircraft

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by BaldFlyer, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. BaldFlyer

BaldFlyer Newbie

Jul 13, 2006
    My wife and I are travelling on QF 25 on 22/07 with our infant son. We had been allocated a bassinet but now apparently due to a change in the aircraft being used we lost that allocation because my profile listed my preference as a window. After complaining to QF we were given a bassinet again. I only discovered the first change on checkmytrip.com. How can you tell what aircraft is being used. QF 25 is normally a 2 class config, however for our flight it is three class. We are flying over Y and coming back J on a points booking.

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The best way to see the aircraft seat plan is through a tool like ExpertFlyer, but you need an account to use it. Otherwise its a matter of trying CheckMyTrip.com.

Note that often the economy cabin will reach its pre-allocation limit, so the on-line tools can no longer view the maps. In that case you are best to view the business class seat map in order to determine its its 2-class or 3-class config.

Note also that for some periods, QF has operated the older 747-300 on that route when they are short of -400 aircraft due to maintenance requirements. So there are three possible configs used on that route.

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Welcome to AFF BaldFlyer.

I flew on QF 25 last month and with only a few days notice it was changed from a 2 class 744 to 2 class 743. I too only found out on checkmytrip but was able to reallocate to a better seat.