Qantas site a mess

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Limewood, Jan 1, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    I'm trying to find a few QF long haul award flights in J/F, now there is no month view anymore unless no flights on that day, Its so time wasting.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Mostly its J when its not, just one sector usually the shortest, or push one towards JQ (PE). I find flights J/F then Y for last leg really!, one of many was F on CX - JFK/HKG the second leg is on QF in Y HKG/SYD!, come on do they really expect a F pax to take that up, NO.

Then the award flight fees and charges are still over the top compared to the majority of international airlines like AA, CX etc. I guess they feel the profits aren't enough o_O (reason we normally commence out of HKG).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scr77

Scr77 Active Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Victoria
    Happy New Year Limewood.

The ‘flexible with dates’ tickbox has been moved into the pop up where you select dates. As long as I tick that, I’m still getting a month long view of award seats.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    Ripper thank you will save me a great deal of time.

Happy New Year to you too Scr77

4. Dr Ralph

Dr Ralph Senior Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Wollongong
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    'Qantas site a mess'. Actually, whilst still not very good, I thought the changes that have been made were useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #5 serfty, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    What recent changes have been useful other than the list of 'services/equipment etc. (which is subject to change anyway)?

6. mrsterryn

mrsterryn Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Can't book anything at the moment

7. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The only thing about the original 'Qantas site a mess' post that was website specific was a checkbox had moved.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. DC3

DC3 Established Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The QF booking engine has been a mess all day, using 3 browsers. Very unresponsive when trying to click across a range of dates. Maybe overloaded?

9. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm going beyond the OP's comment. It's so full of inefficient IT methodology that unless you are on a really fast internet connection and using state of art equipment it is basically so slow as to be unworkable.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. mrsterryn

mrsterryn Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Booked husbands SYD to LHR thank goodness. Mine will Just have to wait.
    I am not sure why so much traffic today (if there is ) on the site ?

11. mrsterryn

mrsterryn Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Today's glitches
    Asking for Sydney to New York
    It says enjoy Melbourne

Attached Files:

12. Croupier

Croupier Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Still cannot make a reward booking on iPhone :mad:
    I mean really why bother even having a link on the mobile site if it’s useless.

C765D28E-795B-45F2-9DB6-2BFE5D34863C.jpeg

13. davidj

davidj Member

May 9, 2009
    I find the desktop version to be mostly improved and streamlined.

I'm having issues with the mobile version - it sometimes directs me to award bookings and I can't revert to making a paid booking.

14. ashleyn

ashleyn Established Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Having spent many years in software testing, and experiencing the many frustrations of the QF booking engine, I offered my services to QF to fully test the site and provide a report of defects and give them a set of repeatable tests. They politely declined.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BAM1748

BAM1748 Senior Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sydney
    I've given up completely on the mobile version. While I use it on my desk top I'm amazed QF seems to take 4 steps back and one forward on delivery of the web site.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RichardMEL

RichardMEL Established Member

Mar 28, 2014
    MEL
    Personally I use the app (android) only for checking in for domestic, changing seats and that's it. Oh, in transit accepting a flight change too (due to delay). Never booked with it, though sometimes do fare searches.. for all that I need it for I find it works pretty well... though I acknowledge that I don't use the full functionality(or what is *supposed* to be the full functionality :) ) so I haven't had issues as described above.

I do agree that over recent times various improvements to the main site have been, in the main, pretty good and it functions better... but the random outages can be really irritating and for a 24/7 ecommerce system like this it's bad that the average uptime must be under any possible SLA that would have to be pwards of 99.9%. We all know it isn't. That costs QF money and it makes you wonder why they *appear* to not be doing too much about it.

I do suspect though the main problems are, like the voucher system and other "additions" the real issue is that they are interfacing to a legacy GDS in the back end (Amadeus) and building kludge solutions. Of course changing a GDS like this is a massive undertaking, even migrating to an upgraded platform in the same one would be a very painful process so while they probably could get far increased functionality at the back end that would make a lot of these issues go away, I suspect the pain of transition is one major thing holding them back.

Just my thoughts, no inside knowledge of QF specifically but what I do know from having a few friends who have worked for and with vendors and at other legacy airlines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. docjames

docjames Senior Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Trying to search FF seats ex-EU.

Keeps dumping me back to the initial page after message of redirection to the <insert country> qantas site.

Hopeless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Briar1078

Briar1078 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Country NSW
    I've had continuing website errors this afternoon, using both Chrome and Safari, first trying to transfer points (complete fail, link kept circling back to a message re logging in, although I was logged in) and then booking a simple one-leg award flight. Input all the info before getting a generic error - twice - but I persisted and third time it went through. So happy to finally get this *simple* booking done I'm pouring myself a large G&T.

19. kermatu

kermatu Established Member

May 27, 2012
    Canberra
    Twitter:
    Constant errors today. Not recognising city codes . Logged out continually. Frustrating.

20. CMA222

CMA222 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    SYD
    Yes seems to have been a problem (problems?) all day. I tried to log in several times during the morning and it let me in once then would not respond and kept saying "We are having a few problems today.........." I tried using IE instead of Chrome and achieved the same result.