Qantas Red Planet | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Red Planet

shannan94

So I just got an email with the following...

"Dear XXXXXXX,

The Red Planet Panel is an independent online market research program established by Qantas and comprised exclusively of Qantas Frequent Flyers. We invite you to join and share your views on a range of topics including brands, products and services important to Australian businesses.

By participating in the panel, you can earn Qantas Points as well as a chance to win a share of 7.8 million points over the next 12 months.

Ten members will each win 500,000 points for completing two surveys by 31 July 2015.*

Twelve members will each win 50,000 points for completing at least one survey every quarter, to be drawn from 1 August 2015.^

Earn up to 300 points for every completed survey from 1 August 2015.

One member will win 1,000,000 points for completing six surveys by 25 May 2016.~

As always, your personal information will remain private and confidential."

Seems like an interesting new concept from Qantas in their seemingly ever expanding ideas to allow QFF's to earn points (e.g. Qantas golf club). I signed up to see if I can grab some points on the side by doing a few surveys.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This concept was written about in The Australian a couple of weeks ago. Special Invitation only.

MrP just received it too - WP. Me, SG and nada.

calmelb

Flights
My Map
Just adding that it seems to be a WP and up invite only thing. I just got an invite tonight, pleased that in the T&C's they let under 18's claim the points as well!

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
SWMBO - QF NB with a little over 2K LTSC received the offer.

Me - QF WP with nearly 30K lifetime SC's ... nada ...

VA777

AFF Supporter
I wonder if that will bias their research. I suspect many formerly long time QF customers that have left and only fly with them when no other effective option exist will not be on the survey list.

Last edited:

mannej

AFF Supporter
I have received the email, so it isn't targeting WP's and above only.

cmon0005

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
SWMBO - QF NB with a little over 2K LTSC received the offer.

Me - QF WP with nearly 30K lifetime SC's ... Nada ...
There is still hope.. I just got the offer in the last 10 mins

Aeolus

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Registered and done first 2 surveys in 15 mins max, mainly about IT and media usage.

Archphoto

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just got mine - NB and I'll be taking my first flight with QF in June after more than 12 months. Wonder what their criteria was for selection (if they had any), or if it was random?

Colin 2905

Not me :( yet. Maybe they are just late to send to the nation's capital.
Nah, I got the e-mail at 5.53pm.

I suspect this will be something like eRewards; a lot of time spent for very little in return. Not sure that I'll bother. :-|

love_the_life

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The email just arrived - signed up though will be interested to see if Colin's predication is correct.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SG, registered and done first two surveys. Both are strictly media consumption surveys with a slant towards online/digital media usage. Only four QF related questions - one option to tick 'travel' as a category you are interested in (under a list of news categories); as well as at the end of the survey they ask are there any other QFF members in the household, are you the primary points earner, and how do you mainly earn points (tick box - flights, credit cards, etc).

Given they're launching a new digital-focussed market research company, my hypothesis would be that they're trying to build a database of people fitting particular profiles to send future surveys to / sell the information of. Most likely they started by targeting people in certain age brackets.

i.e. "Get us to conduct your research, because we can already tell you that 25% of males between X and Y years old that use facebook more than once a day do/do not read newspapers".

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lrr80