Qantas A380 refurbishment news and updates. | Page 9 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas A380 refurbishment news and updates.

eminere

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

cjd600

AFF Supporter

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
OQB remains in AUH for heavy maintenance.

After only 16 days, so presumably some minor maintenance (and definitely not refurb) OQE positioned back to LHR and is operating QF2, swapping with OQG which is scheduled to fly to DRS instead

Flying Fox

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Unrelated to the refurbs, but VH-OQA in maintenance at LAX after the incident:
Sorry could someone enlighten me as to what the incident was? I presume something to do with the flaps.

PS. That's a really good looking box from Airbus

Flying Fox

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Catering truck hit it: Australian Aviation Thread - June 2019 - Page 5 - Airliners.net
Oh thanks. That is going to be an expensive insurance claim for the catering company! Actually I'd really like to see the insurance claim form and the associated diagram of the vehicles in question.

madrooster

AFF Supporter
Oh thanks. That is going to be an expensive insurance claim for the catering company! Actually I'd really like to see the insurance claim form and the associated diagram of the vehicles in question.
LAX has a bit of an issue with catering trucks hitting aircraft. VA has also sustained damage in a similar way at LAX a little while back.

Rangalad

Had the same thing happen a few years back in AKL. Flight cancelled, stayed overnight, then rebooked onto NZ for the flight home.

cove

AFF Supporter
You do need quite a good sized shed to fit an A380 inside it. Certainly that shed is no backyard one.

serfty

Flights
My Map
You do need quite a good sized shed to fit an A380 inside it. Certainly that shed is no backyard one.
The LAX shed was purpose built by Qantas a year or two ago to cater for exactly that (A388's).

RichardMEL

AFF Supporter
OQA needs far more than a minor fix and lick of paint that's for sure. Poor Nancy is cursed.

jb747

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Vehicles around LA are outright pests. A couple of years ago, I had a large bus drive across a taxiway right in front of me. Now, I know that buses are big, but I think I would have won that argument. Amazing how well a 380 can stop when you stand on the brakes. And just towards the end of my flights there, I was turning into the bay, and a vehicle drove straight across the entrance, even though the marshaller was almost standing in front of him trying to get him to stop. I guess he just didn't notice the 'building' that was bearing down on him.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Not clear.
VH-OQG has been in Dresden since 12 June but was supposedly getting a check only (the prior aircraft was only in DRS for 14 days). However it was meant to swap with OQK, which was reported to be the first, in early July.

So something has changed.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pincic123