Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  More…

Post your travel insurance stories here

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Guest, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

share your claim experiences so we can all learn... :)
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

QBE has ****** me around many times, and they don't cover anything in a cab, even if the cab crashes and burns to the ground...

let's hear your good and bad experiences!

2. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London

3. NickP

NickP Intern

May 24, 2005
    Sydney
  4. aspro2

aspro2 Member

Nov 26, 2004
    MEL
    ummm, guys, i think the OP wanted hairraising or heartwarming stories, not tips about policies.

5. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I've only ever claimed once on the annual travel policies I've had since about 1992.

I was in HNL in 1996 for a Conference. A friend and I picked up a hire car and went around to Sunset Beach to try out his underwater camera.

Lost a gold chain that I had placed in his camera bag ...it must have dropped out the air holes in the bottom, somewhere between the beach, the car and arriving back in HNL. Searched the hire car thoroughly before handing it back.

Went to the Police Station on Waikiki Beach and made a Report. Came home and claimed on the policy. No problems - claim paid in 3 weeks.

Haven't had a problem since...

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Myself, mrs serfty & 6yo mini serfty in 1998 flew Air Lingus, DUB to LGW.

For some reason one of our cases (containing mainly mini serfty's stuff) went to Zurich.

It was delivered to our London hotel about 26 hours later.

I checked policy and mrs serfty found she had $300 'extra' to spend. But, with the exchange rate at the time, £100 really did not go far.

7. minore

minore Junior Member

May 7, 2005
    Went to Morocco several years ago Travel ins was with ANZ my wife got food poisoning in Fez. the ins paid for doctor medication and a taxi from Fez to Maarakesh so that we could rejoin tour we were on.All we needed was Medical from DR. and the tour guide gave us a report.plus all receipts

8. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    A few years back while on a vacation in Bali my wife who had a pair of pearl ear rings which she would keep wrapped in tissue to protect them, inadvertently tossed them out with other rubbish. It wasn't until later in the day that she realised what had happened.

Nevertheless, QBE paid out $1200 on our travel insurance policy.