Payment from NAB account to Citibank VISA

Discussion in 'CitiBank Rewards Program' started by DVDude, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. DVDude

DVDude Newbie

Aug 25, 2004
    Montrose, VIC
    Can I make a VISA payment from a NAB account on to my Citibank VISA through NAB's internet banking? Never tried, thought I'd ask here first.

2. BiziBB

BiziBB Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Sydney's bushy north
    DVDude,
    You'd do this via bill payment, aka bpay.
    That's how I've paid existing VISA Gold statements, and how I intend to pay for future CitiGold statements. Usually the payment clears overnight (as a payment received that day), so I try to pay a day or two before the due date.

I hope that Citi processes internet banking payments as received the same day it is paid (if paid before 4PM).

The only annoyance is NAB's requirement to get SMS notification for payments above a certain amount ($2500?), whichmakes for a noisy internet bannking payment :evil: .

3. BiziBB

BiziBB Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Sydney's bushy north
    #3 BiziBB, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
    apologies for this inadvertent duplicate post...

4. Tiki

Tiki Member

Jul 21, 2004
    BNE
    You can set them up as a regular biller and then it's just one SMS code to input. After that, you can make regular payments to them. I set up my Amex payments like that.

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Generally if you use one credit card to pay another credit card bill, the paying card treats the payment as a cash advance and you are charged fees and interest accordingly. Does not matter if using BPay or any other form of paying the bill from another credit card.

6. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    With the caveat that my BPays are done from Westpac, I have always found that Citibank have always creditted my account on the expected day.

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No problems with ANZ either; do it by 6pm and it will credit by the next business day.