Payment from NAB account to Citibank VISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVDude

Can I make a VISA payment from a NAB account on to my Citibank VISA through NAB's internet banking? Never tried, thought I'd ask here first.

DVDude said:
Can I make a VISA payment from a NAB account on to my Citibank VISA through NAB's internet banking? Never tried, thought I'd ask here first.

DVDude,
You'd do this via bill payment, aka bpay.
That's how I've paid existing VISA Gold statements, and how I intend to pay for future CitiGold statements. Usually the payment clears overnight (as a payment received that day), so I try to pay a day or two before the due date.

I hope that Citi processes internet banking payments as received the same day it is paid (if paid before 4PM).

The only annoyance is NAB's requirement to get SMS notification for payments above a certain amount ($2500?), whichmakes for a noisy internet bannking payment :evil: .

apologies for this inadvertent duplicate post...

Last edited:
You can set them up as a regular biller and then it's just one SMS code to input. After that, you can make regular payments to them. I set up my Amex payments like that.

Generally if you use one credit card to pay another credit card bill, the paying card treats the payment as a cash advance and you are charged fees and interest accordingly. Does not matter if using BPay or any other form of paying the bill from another credit card.

BiziBB said:
DVDude,
I hope that Citi processes internet banking payments as received the same day it is paid (if paid before 4PM).

With the caveat that my BPays are done from Westpac, I have always found that Citibank have always creditted my account on the expected day.

oz_mark said:
With the caveat that my BPays are done from Westpac, I have always found that Citibank have always creditted my account on the expected day.
No problems with ANZ either; do it by 6pm and it will credit by the next business day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back