OLCI Question

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by flyer4703, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. flyer4703

flyer4703 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Brisbane
    I recently used OLCI and printed boarding passes out for return same day flights from Brisbane to Sydney.
    When I arrived at Brisbane airport I went to drop my bag off and was told that I would have to hand over the return boarding pass as I wasn't allowed to print a boarding pass for the return flight if I had baggage.
    That was fine I handed over the boarding pass. Thinking about it later I wondered what would be the reason for the rule.
    I don't see how it could be a security issue, if I wanted to bring a bag back with me I would still have to drop it at the baggage drop and show them my boarding pass and if I didn't have a bag on the return trip why would it matter that I had printed the boarding pass?
    Just curious if anyone had any ideas as to why this rule existed.

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I just tell them that I dont have luggage coming back

Dave

3. flyer4703

flyer4703 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Brisbane
    Thats a good idea Dave, but I still wonder why it's a problem.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Were you able to simply find an internet PC and recheck/reprint that BP?

5. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    According to the Qantas Q & A:

and

Nothing there about baggage, but then there could be other rules we don't know about.

BTW this answers a query I had about printing a return boarding pass for a flight between 12 and 24 hours away.

6. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm not sure the staffer is correct.

This used to be a limitation of the QuickCheck same day boarding pass system, but like others cannot see any limitations when checking in over the Internet.

This was the rules with QuickCheck:

and of course the InternetCheckin version of that same line:

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No Baggage, but I was able to OLCI last Friday 24 hours before my flight to ADL and at the same time OLCI for my return some 31 hours beforehand.

Mind you the seat allocated for the return (10A :confused: on 734) had no relation to my recorded domestic seating preferences; more in line with my International data. It was a simple thing to change to 5C ...