New QF routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
7,741
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
I had a quick read thru The Australian Way and it mentioned some new routes for QF (inc more to South Africa) but also flying to South America in its own right?

Looked on the QF website but can't find anything... anyone heard anything? Would be great if they flew to BA or Santiago (Not a huge fan of LAN!)

Thanks
 
Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
7,741
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
thanks, obviously missed that one;)

pretty big increases... wonder where they are pulling the aircraft from... or are they getting some more Airbus at the end of this year?
 
Last edited:

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,314
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
jakeseven7 said:
thanks, obviously missed that one;)

pretty big increases... wonder where they are pulling the aircraft from... or are they getting some more Airbus at the end of this year?

More Airbus A332's, that start being delivered end of this year.
 

ColinP

Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
459
Points
0
jakeseven7 said:
(Not a huge fan of LAN!)
Can I ask why? I've never had a problem with them and in fact consider LA to be as good as, or superior to QF.
 

ANstar

Active Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
721
Points
230
oz_mark said:
More Airbus A332's, that start being delivered end of this year.

Plus the A380's and 787's start coming online from August 08 onwards
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,314
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
ANstar said:
Plus the A380's and 787's start coming online from August 08 onwards

True. Although the first 787's are going to Jetstar.
 

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
7,741
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
ColinP said:
Can I ask why? I've never had a problem with them and in fact consider LA to be as good as, or superior to QF.

Their metal is ok/new although i do prefer skybed... i have just had 2 really poor service trips on them as in inflight service. Subjective though I guess, I could be unlucky.
 

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
7,741
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
oz_mark said:
True. Although the first 787's are going to Jetstar.

Does that mean a domino effect straight away of Jestar returning the Airbus to QF? Doesn't make sense for a LCC to operate 2 aircraft type right?
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
Points
0
jakeseven7 said:
Does that mean a domino effect straight away of Jestar returning the Airbus to QF? Doesn't make sense for a LCC to operate 2 aircraft type right?

I have not seen any infomation on this really around, but could be the case, the A332's with the weak floors would probably still make nice EastCoast-PER aircraft, that sort of thing.
Also some 767's they want to retire.

But does it really cost JQ much to have 2 different types of WB AC ?, i am sure the maintaince is the same agreements as QF mainline, only a question of what the difference is in staff training.

I guess we will all find out soon since it will only be next year that the 787's and 380's start arriving. As mentioned in other threads, QF mainline getting 2 extra A332's (with skybeds) and JQ another couple of A332's as well in the next 18 months.

E
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,314
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
jakeseven7 said:
Does that mean a domino effect straight away of Jestar returning the Airbus to QF? Doesn't make sense for a LCC to operate 2 aircraft type right?

By all accounts, the A332's that Jetstar currently use will be remaining within the Qantas group somwhere. I am not sure that they have decided what to do just yet, but they could (Qantas-Boeing deal may extend routes - Business - Business - theage.com.au)

  • return to QF mainline
  • go to Jetstar Asia
  • go to Pacific Airlines
 

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
7,741
Solutions
2
Points
1,145
oz_mark said:
By all accounts, the A332's that Jetstar currently use will be remaining within the Qantas group somwhere. I am not sure that they have decided what to do just yet, but they could (Qantas-Boeing deal may extend routes - Business - Business - theage.com.au)

  • return to QF mainline
  • go to Jetstar Asia
  • go to Pacific Airlines

Yes I suppose there are many many options, just have heard 'Jetstars all 787 fleet' in numerous press releases - in the context that they will progress to one eventually - means the only certainty at this point is that Jetstar won't be keeping them!
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,928
Solutions
14
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Over on FT, a member who often posts some very reliable fleet information has indicated the original Qantas 332s (EBA, EBB, EBC & EBD) are eventually to be returned to Qantas for domestic operations.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
19,314
Solutions
6
Points
1,440
serfty said:
Over on FT, a member who often posts some very reliable fleet information has indicated the original Qantas 332s (EBA, EBB, EBC & EBD) are eventually to be returned to Qantas for domestic operations.


They may do. But I do not think it is definite.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,928
Solutions
14
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
oz_mark said:
They may do. But I do not think it is definite.
May not be definite, but logical. I can easily see them replacing those transcontinental 743's to/from Perth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top