MyUs.com - Amex promotion - Free Premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzam

Intern
Hi all,

Just received my Amex statement and inside it was a brochure advertising free premium membership to MyUS.com for American express cardholders. This normally has a $20 setup fee and an annual fee of $60. Seems membership is free on an ongoing basis too not just for the first year.

www.MyUS.com/americanexpress-au

For anyone who doesn't know of this service, they are a mail forwarder. They provide a personalised US mailing address so you can shop on US websites, get the shipments sent to your MyUS mailing address and they will forward it to you in Australia.

This is great if you want to do some shopping in the US and take some advantage of the strong $ and where the site doesn't ship outside the US.

I just signed up for it and it came through as $0.00

I was looking for one of these so it is great that i can now get it for free!

Not sure that is does... the website says

"Complimentary membership (a USD$60 savings per year!)"

which implies that the discount is ongoing. Where did you see that it goes back to standard pricing after the first year?

And not only that, 30% off all their shipping fees (Platinum Charge account - not sure if this applies to all cards)

"American Express has teamed up with MyUS.com, the leading package forwarding service in the US, to make shopping online even better. Register for Premium membership with waived set-up fees, waived membership fees, and 30% off the already discounted shipping rates. You can now shop with over 300,000 retailers and consolidate purchases from multiple retailers to save even more on shipping[SUP]5[/SUP]."

If there's really a 30% discount on the shipping quoted on their website then great, that's gonna be cheap to buy larger stuff from the states.

Myus.com also has a "personal shopper" if the store doesn't accept non US based credit cards. They purchase it for you on their credit card and charge you. There is an additional fee for this though, between 3% - 6% from memory.

Myus.com also has a "personal shopper" if the store doesn't accept non US based credit cards. They purchase it for you on their credit card and charge you. There is an additional fee for this though, between 3% - 6% from memory.

I've used Borderlinx quite a lot here in Singapore. Their shipping rates seem to be cheaper than myUS, there is no membership fee (at least for people in SG), and they also have the personalised shopper service. However be aware that not all sites accept those types of orders (e.g. the US HP website doesn't)

Can we associate our Australian cc with the US address from MyUs.com?

Then it would be relatively simple to bypass the personal shopper then. You could set up a US iTunes account ....... Think of the savings

There must be a way or purchase iTunes gift cards from the US use them in Oz.

Regards

Mark
ImageUploadedByAust Freq Fly1311259544.869658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aust Freq Fly app

Can we associate our Australian cc with the US address from MyUs.com?
There is something on MyUS site that suggests you can set up their address as a secondary billing address to make these transactions go through. But I don't know if Amex support it.

Hi all,

Just received my Amex statement and inside it was a brochure advertising free premium membership to MyUS.com for American express cardholders. This normally has a $20 setup fee and an annual fee of $60. Seems membership is free on an ongoing basis too not just for the first year.

www.MyUS.com/americanexpress-au

Has anyone had trouble getting the web address to work? When I type it in it just flicks back to their home page.....

Has anyone had trouble getting the web address to work? When I type it in it just flicks back to their home page.....

It did that for me and when I finished the registration and it brought up the charge it said 0.00 and the amex offer was listed.

have used shipito a bit turning on and off the monthly membership but this looks interesting as well.

I have a parcel on its way to my MyUS.com address as I type.

If you've signed up using your Amex (and pay using it; that's the catch) you get list -15% minus an additional 30%, making it pretty reasonable.

In my case it was a listed shipping price of around $69 for 6lbs. Then, as a Premium member, you get 15% off this, making it $58.65. And, the Amex deal knocks a further 30% off that, making it a touch over $41.

The best thing... that's for DHL delivery... 1 to 4 days.

That's quick. And pretty damn cheap for such fast shipping.

Without the Amex option though, it is pricey (as they don't offer an 'economy' option to AU; they do have USPS options, but not for us down here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back