Lots of new QF flights to the USA/South America, | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Lots of new QF flights to the USA/South America,

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusman

I think they forgot to put their flights to HNL on that table. Or maybe like how Adelaide is east coast Australia, HNL isn't really in the US?

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Flights
My Map
SMH article suggests it is from timetable rejigging
Qantas rejigs flights to US to bolster market share

Anyhow good to have some alternate departure times in the SYD-LAX route.
Only that way, the return timings don't appear to have changed.

Same article also says: That means passengers continuing to New York will fly in an A380 on the first leg and a 747 on the second leg.

Last edited:

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
SMH article suggests it is from timetable rejigging
Qantas rejigs flights to US to bolster market share

Anyhow good to have some alternate departure times in the SYD-LAX route.
Indeed you would have thought something like

QF12 LAX 1000 SYD 1825 would have worked - still giving time for transfers at both ends
(but is the A380 service).

You now still have QF12 and QF18 out within two hours of each other

Also seems that the JFK legs of 107/108 have been renumbered 15/16

MarcB

Flights
My Map
These appear to be some great changes - I am particularly liking that QF15/16 will now earn more SCs if booked as a single flight number from "East Coast Australia to East Coast USA". Looks like the die hard status chasers will need to come via Brisbane to get their extra SCs now. ;)

Aussie_flyer

Established Member
It's great news for Melbourne now especially since VA pulled out of MEL-LAX. We will have 10 flights a week on QF. I like the new option of a 5.30pm departure. Also good from a spotters perspective as we currently don't have a permanent 747 flight here.

Last edited:

gwynne

Intern
Flights
My Map
Is a 55 minute turnaround at JFK feasible?

So the JFK flight now officially departs from Brisbane. Moving up in the world up north haha.

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Is a 55 minute turnaround at JFK feasible?

So the JFK flight now officially departs from Brisbane. Moving up in the world up north haha.
Certainly tight!
You can often taxi for 55min at JFK.

Mind you does have over 2hrs on the ground at LAX on the way back,
although presumably much of that will be needed for bags to move to QF18/94

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Interesting ... I have an April (Wednesday) AKL-xSYD-(QF107)-LAX scheduled arrival 6:30am where I need to depart on AA 11:55am to NRT.

Last edited:

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Presumably they will move you to QF11 which seems to have the times of the current QF107
Remember, Airbii travel 'slower' then Boeing - the departure time changes from QF107's 10:50am to QF11's new 9:50am.

QF107.JPG
The MCT is 1.00 ...

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I like the timing of QF95. It's always a preference of mine to arrive between lunchtime and late afternoon after a long haul flight. Thumbs up. Also affords a nice connection in MEL F for those of us that have to travel to MEL from other parts of eastern Australia ;)

SQ421

Did JFK ever have an F Equipped aircraft flying there? Was looking at F awards there the other day and the option is to burn 194k points and go QF F to LAX and then QF J to JFK, or EK F to DXB and EK F to JFK :-/ The current raft of changes probably make that decision even easier.

eastwest101

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Provided all these re-timings work - I think its a positive step for QFi, although I suspect that the press release could have read "Qantas announces that aircraft sitting on the ground don't make money" - so not really a new discovery to most airlines execs, but maybe a fairly new concept to QF management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilden