LM award cancellation fee waived for Covid-19 (various reasons) | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

LM award cancellation fee waived for Covid-19 (various reasons)

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I have a friend (whom I advise on all things FF award related) who has 2 separate awards for 2 pax in June: SYD-DEL stopover then DEL-ARN. Now they want to cancel their India portion of the trip due to Covid-19. OF course this has the flow on effect of then needing to cancel the DEL-ARN itinerary - total cost would be $US200*4.

She has sent an e-mail to LM seeking a waiver on the cancellation fees - still waiting for a response. I read a couple of posts on FT regarding the fee waiver and it seems inconsistent on the part of LM.

Would appreciate if others could post their experience here - I'll post back when my friend gets a response. (Note I friends wish to fly in July SYD-SIN stopover SIN-LHR instead - I suggested she ask LM to just alter their itinerary but this was just last night so don't know if she's done that yet - searching for award seats there is nothing in J SYD-SIN in July but various options on various days for SIN-LHR in July)

Mentioned in another Covid thread (travel insurance one?) it seems LM are waiving cancellation fees. Seem they just do it, without notification to you.

LM won't alter the itinerary - changing stopovers or routes isn't permitted as part of the change fee structure. Better to just cancel - if they can - and rebook.

jch

There is a long thread on FlyerTalk in the Avianca forum, experiences are varying a lot but some are getting points refunded without penalty.

There is also difficultly reaching an English speaking representative as the English speaking call center is in a country under lockdown.

I have a United SYD-LAX booking and an Avianca BOG-LAX to get the points back on.

I'm not too keen on paying 2 x USD$200 ~ A$800 to get points back which may not be usable if Avianca isn't around next year...

As both flights are in April and those planes definitely won't be flying, I might start with an email now then try the call center a few days out, hopefully there are more English speakers back by then.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fwh