Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Lindsay's 1,000th post?? Prize up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,727
Points
1,570
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Alan in CBR said:
Now that the 10K posts are out of the way, any guesses on when Lindsay will make his 1000th post? Or if NM will overtake him before then?

Now that had me thinking of a great competition. Guess the closest to the date and time that I make my 1,000th post and win a prize that I will be presenting.

Now this is my 875th post....

Now the rules:

1. Everybody can only make one guess and cannot be changed (as I'll be keeping tabs on your first choice)
2. Guesses must be posted on this thread by Friday, 7th October at 5.00pm Brisbane time.
3. The winning choice must be that one which is closest in time (and date) to my 1,000th post
4. I cannot be coerced into adding posts so you can win (sorry, I'm too honest)
5. My decision is final (sorry, not even admin can help you here)

So when is it going to be?? Let's have your best guess....
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,336
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Well I am going to put my hat in the ring and suggest that it will be well and truly decided before October 7th. I will vote for 10:22pm on October 5th.

Now, what is the prize?
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,447
Points
720
Bags November 9th @ 21:00.

And while I'd hate to be seen to be sucking up to the judge :shock: , LW (among others) has been of great assistance in the short time I have posted on this board.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
I'll take October 30 2005, 22:00 Brisbane time. (Not that NSW funny time ;) )
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,258
Solutions
5
Points
3,275
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
ok, let do this the Technical way....

Lindsay is up to 881 posts at this time. He was the 5th poster to join on 20th June '02 so he is averaging about ¾ posts per day.

Lets toss in an adjustment for finigal factors relating to this thread and the recent flurry of activity on this board, so I say 31st December 2005, 9:30am.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
I think it'll be after the AGM so going for 14th October 2005 9pm.
 

Alan in CBR

Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
308
Points
0
11th November, 11 am. Lest we forget.

It's also the 30th anniversary of a minor political event.

[gough]
Well may we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save the Governor-General.
[/gough]

(Bet you couldn't read that without doing a Gough voice in your head!)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,336
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Alan in CBR said:
(Bet you couldn't read that without doing a Gough voice in your head!)
I failed. Already done it before I read your footer :cry: .
 

icarus

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
117
Points
0
Alan in CBR said:
11th November, 11 am. Lest we forget.

It's also the 30th anniversary of a minor political event.

[gough]
Well may we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save the Governor-General.
[/gough]

(Bet you couldn't read that without doing a Gough voice in your head!)

Dammit, you're right.

Is it unAustralian of me to confess that I've never understood what that actually *meant*?

In any event, I think Lindsay will be observing a minute's silence at 11 am on 11/11. And I notice he often posts late at night. So I'm voting for 11 *PM* on 11/11.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,727
Points
1,570
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Icarus, how well you know me :shock:

At that time (11am EXACTLY) I will be pausing to reflect on my 12th year of divorce from my first wife :twisted: - yes, that was the exact date that my Decree Absolute was valid. How could I ever forget :?:

Yes, I am a night person, always have been. Whilst I come on to the Board during the day (around my staff having morning tea or lunch), I am often on after 5pm or later when I am at home. When Mrs LW is asleep, I tend to get my best thinking done. So never be surprised to see me logged on at that time.

Good to see so many people getting into the spirit. I have run the prize past admin who has concurred with my selection. So, yes, there is a tangible prize I have allocated. Is it worth winning - a categorical YES.
 

arun

Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2002
Messages
311
Points
0
My guess is 10th October. 10:10 pm :D
Edited to add in the time to qualify as Lindsay suggested.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,336
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Lindsay Wilson said:
Good to see so many people getting into the spirit. I have run the prize past admin who has concurred with my selection. So, yes, there is a tangible prize I have allocated. Is it worth winning - a categorical YES.
Wow, a bottle of 1996 Grange Hermatage! What a great offer, Lindsay :D . Well, I assume that is what you came up with :p .
 

icarus

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
117
Points
0
Ooo, I hope it's a Qantas economy class amenities kit! You just can't have too many pairs of scratchy navy socks, not to mention those useful red lanyards.

We will understand if the toothbrush is slightly used.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,336
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
icarus said:
Ooo, I hope it's a Qantas economy class amenities kit! You just can't have too many pairs of scratchy navy socks, not to mention those useful red lanyards.

We will understand if the toothbrush is slightly used.
How about a Qantas Club Members Guest Pass, with an expiry date if June 2007!
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
Good to see so many people getting into the spirit. I have run the prize past admin who has concurred with my selection. So, yes, there is a tangible prize I have allocated. Is it worth winning - a categorical YES.
Wow, a bottle of 1996 Grange Hermatage! What a great offer, Lindsay :D . Well, I assume that is what you came up with :p .
Not quite NM

We will have to settle for a bottle of Johnny Walker blue label. :D

BTW Lindsay has added 13 posts since ~11:30pm last night (EST). It is a little more than his lifetime batting average of 3/4 posts per day. Now sitting on 888 posts and at around 20 posts per day (current batting average) the 1000th post should be well before prize deadline!!!! :twisted:

I can taste that blue label scotch right now. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,630
Messages
2,101,531
Members
53,928
Latest member
xceltrip
Top