LHR T3 lounge crawl Saturday 6 June 2026

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
At the 2024 lounge crawl in HKG there was discussion about where to next. Slightly flippantly I suggested LHR or LAX. After a quick straw poll after the event, there seemed to be enough interest for LHR.

Due to the time and distance getting there, I thought it prudent to start a thread really early.

So this thread is not for 2025, that is elsewhere. This thread is for the June long weekend in 2026.

Saturday 6th June 2026 to be exact. This is a day earlier than the usual Asia based runs in order to get back to AU by the public holiday Monday.

Here are the previous events:

SIN lounge crawl 24 Aug 2013
HKG lounge crawl 8 June 2014
KUL SIN lounge crawl 7 June 2015
HKG lounge crawl 12 June 2016
NRT lounge crawl 11 June 2017
HKG lounge crawl 10 June 2018
KUL-SIN lounge crawl 9 June 2019
SIN lounge crawl 12 June 2022
SIN Lounge Crawl 11 June 2023
HKG lounge crawl 9 June 2024
NRT lounge crawl 8 June 2025

Last edited:
TL;DR: Read it anyway!

If you would like to join us you need to book a OneWorld flight that leaves LHR Terminal 3. Not terminal 5. Not terminal 4. So that rules out QR and quite a few BA flights. And even though EK departs from T3, flying with them will only get you access to the EK and QF lounges.

I cannot stress enough that booking the right OneWorld flight is critical. LHR does not allow passengers to move between terminals. You cannot in fact even enter a terminal you are not departing from. You will be safe if you book AA, AY, CX and QF. Do not book MH or QR as they leave from T4. Here is a brief rundown from Head for Points on LHR T3, and contains a list of BA flights that left from there this year (2024). Where can you fly on British Airways from T3 to visit the Qantas and Cathay lounges?

Departing from LHR as your starting point incurs the Air Passenger Duty (APD). If you are heading anywhere over 2,000 miles, the APD in a premium cabin is about £200! Even if it is a reward ticket. So either book a short journey, or start in another country and transit LHR instead.

The benefit of transiting is choosing a long layover to maximise lounge time. If you do originate in LHR then make sure it is with an airline that allows on-line check-in (OLCI), and travel hand luggage only so you are not waiting for bag drop to open. Don't book QF10 as it leaves at lunch time. QF2 is better with an evening departure.

If you are going to use points to book your flight, please refer to the respective airline FF program threads for questions on when booking opens.

The lounges in LHR T3 are:

AA Admirals Club (access - Sapphire)
AA First Class Lounge (Emerald)
BA Galleries Club Lounge (Sapphire)
BA Galleries First Lounge (Emerald)
BA First Dining (must be travelling first class or be a GGL member)
CX Business Class Lounge (Sapphire)
CX First Class Lounge (Emerald)
EK Lounge (if travelling QF)
QF London Lounge

There are also other lounges in T3 that some members may have access to 3 hours before travel:

Amex Centurion Lounge (Amex)
Club Aspire Lounge (Priority Pass)
No1 Lounge Heathrow (Priority Pass)

Last edited:
Participants and departing flights

Platinum
JessicaTam
Mrs JessicaTam
Cloud9
JapesUK
I love to travel

Gold
DejaBrew
RooFlyer
drcam
Matt_01
Mrs Matt_01
tdimdad
Scenicbumblebee
azza007
CaptJCool
Ansett

Silver
Princess Fiona
Flashback
Katie

Bronze
JohnK

Updated to post 73

Last edited:
For 2026 LHR I am Gold.

I also noticed that in post 1 that NRT is the 2025 lounge choice, I am in for this and will sign up as Platinum.

Last edited:
LHR is a couple of bridges too far although you never know as I may win Powerball by then.

Unobtainium for now.

P.S. I really do miss these lounge crawls and of course my own lounge crawls.

I'm a platinum for this. Will likely spend a few days in Helsinki beforehand and do a short hop in for the crawl before (fingers crossed it runs... didn't last time) getting QF2.

At the 2024 lounge crawl in HKG there was discussion about where to next. Slightly flippantly I suggested LHR or LAX. After a quick straw poll after the event, there seemed to be enough interest for LHR.

Due to the time and distance getting there, I thought it prudent to start a thread really early.

So this thread is not for 2025, that is elsewhere. This thread is for the June long weekend in 2026.

Saturday 6th June 2026 to be exact. This is a day earlier than the usual Asia based runs in order to get back to AU by the public holiday Monday.

Here are the previous events:

SIN lounge crawl 24 Aug 2013
HKG lounge crawl 8 June 2014
KUL SIN lounge crawl 7 June 2015
HKG lounge crawl 12 June 2016
NRT lounge crawl 11 June 2017
HKG lounge crawl 10 June 2018
KUL-SIN lounge crawl 9 June 2019
SIN lounge crawl 12 June 2022
SIN Lounge Crawl 11 June 2023
HKG lounge crawl 9 June 2024
NRT lounge crawl 8 June 2025

Following ✈️ 🥂

Note that IB also departs from T5 and AT from T4.

Keep an eye on the oneworld.com lounge finder (and terminal maps) that show which airlines / terminals.

Edit:
Oman Air currently flies from T4 - should be OW by then.

I won’t hold my breath for FJ at LHR 😁

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back