Jetstar insurance | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Jetstar insurance

maggies1

Jetstar cancelled the 0930am flight from MEL to SYD this morning. When my son got to the airport he was given Qantas flight at 1230pm and meal voucher. He has insurance on the cancelled flight , will he be able to make a claim for anything eg extra parking fees at Sydney airport and seat allocation fees he paid Jetstar? He didn’t know about cancellation as he was on a cruise until this morning.

Jetstar cancelled the 0930am flight from MEL to SYD this morning. When my son got to the airport he was given Qantas flight at 1230pm and meal voucher. He has insurance on the cancelled flight , will he be able to make a claim for anything eg extra parking fees at Sydney airport and seat allocation fees he paid Jetstar? He didn’t know about cancellation as he was on a cruise until this morning.
Was this purchased through jetstar? You'd need to have a look at the specific policy - they have several, ranging from 'cancellation only' to 'comprehensive'.

I'd be surprised if there was anything claimable under the insurance for a three hour delay. Your son might be better off writing to jetstar customer service asking for the parking.

ftm

Flights
My Map
Some policies will pay for those expenses, yes. But each is different. You’ll also need to have one with $0 Excess, otherwise the expenses won’t have reached the excess level.

maggies1

Thank you for your replies. The insurance was purchased with the ticket from Jetstar. Jetstar sent an email stating to include the email with an insurance claim due to the delay being 3 hours + for a refund. I will call Jetstar. They should refund the seat fees as he ended up in 28E instead of 3A on Jetstar.
Maggies1

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve.bakker

Currently Active Users