Hilton Honors Promotions | Page 30 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Hilton Honors Promotions

Harthagan

The rest of the year in which it was achieved/gained, then all of the following year and then the 3 final months, ending on 31st March. So, same system as status through stays/nights/spend direct with Hilton.

Edited: Content
This is very helpful. I think I'll hold out for january to do mine. If I request it mid December would it most likely be approved in the new year, or is it best to just request at the beginning of 2020?

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
This is very helpful. I think I'll hold out for january to do mine. If I request it mid December would it most likely be approved in the new year, or is it best to just request at the beginning of 2020?
Wait until January, if possible, so as to gain the extra 12 months. I wouldn’t risk applying in December to then find out that I’ll only receive 15 months and not 27 months.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Got to love the current Amex/Hilton deal (spend $400, get $80 off). Just booked a 3 night stay at Perth Hilton and $699 for 3 nights comes down nicely.

Was also trying to see if I could change an existing 4 night stay in 10 days at Melbourne DoubleTree - done before the offer was available. Tried carving out one night at either end and booking under the Amex/Hilton deal. Damn, it just doesn't stack up - unfortunately availabiilty is becoming limited given it's weekdays and a popular hotel (plus I'm at a Conference with 1,200+ attendees @ MCEC).

drross

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
So sad. Off to Fiji in the morning...no Hilton/amex offer

Harthagan

Wait until January, if possible, so as to gain the extra 12 months. I wouldn’t risk applying in December to then find out that I’ll only receive 15 months and not 27 months.
Yup good call.

With regards to maintaining status at the end of the 27 months how would it work? They just base it off the previous 12 months or the entire period?

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Yup good call.

With regards to maintaining status at the end of the 27 months how would it work? They just base it off the previous 12 months or the entire period?
Yes, based on the previous calendar year (i.e., ending 31 December) on stays/nights/$$$$$, status will be reviewed early in the next new year. In any case, existing status is maintained for the three months 1 January to 31 March. The new (or maintained) status effectively from 1 April.

Last edited:

goldenhorn

AFF Supporter
I just bought the maximum the other day - to redeem Hilton in the Seychelles (I had 78000 in my account already) (see post When buying HH points makes sense ) - made the 5 night stay half-price. The confirmation has offers for various upgrades at reduced prices which I may take up.

So as @foggy said if you have a high end property in mind it works out very well - also if you require a 5 night stay - the fifth night free makes it even better.
May I ask, how do you book the 5th night free?

Do you book 5 and if you’re eligible you only need to use the points for 4 nights?

luxury-lizard

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Yes - if you select 5 nights - the price in points it shows is for 4 nights - the breakdown for each night shows 0 points for the fifth night.

As far as being 'risky' if you do some quick calculations you will find this only makes sense at very expensive properties - more than $US500 pn (or thereabouts) - also rememberers that award nights never include any extras (like breakfast) and are always the lowest category room - but at high-end resorts such rooms are fine - after you complete the booking you usually get an e-mail offer to upgrade (subject to availability on arrival) at a reduced cost ($$ not points). Also - award nights at Hiltons seem to be pretty available unlike airlines award seats and award bookings can be changed or cancelled for no cost (again unlike airline award seats).

Finally - having stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui (on points) - it is quite amazing - like most/all luxury resorts on Koh Samui is is someway isolated and on a cliff-side so there is no immediate beach access.

goldenhorn

AFF Supporter
Yes - if you select 5 nights - the price in points it shows is for 4 nights - the breakdown for each night shows 0 points for the fifth night.

As far as being 'risky' if you do some quick calculations you will find this only makes sense at very expensive properties - more than $US500 pn (or thereabouts) - also rememberers that award nights never include any extras (like breakfast) and are always the lowest category room - but at high-end resorts such rooms are fine - after you complete the booking you usually get an e-mail offer to upgrade (subject to availability on arrival) at a reduced cost ($$ not points). Also - award nights at Hiltons seem to be pretty available unlike airlines award seats and award bookings can be changed or cancelled for no cost (again unlike airline award seats).

Finally - having stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui (on points) - it is quite amazing - like most/all luxury resorts on Koh Samui is is someway isolated and on a cliff-side so there is no immediate beach access.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I was thinking it would be for a top end property of 95,000 points per night.

That’s a good tip about the breakfast too. I was wondering about what could be done for that.

I was interested in the Conrad Maldives but don’t like being trapped on site and having to pay $100 USD pp for a basic meal.

Good to hear of your experience at KS. I’m definitely keen now!

4 nights at @95,000 points is 380K, so even with family pooling with 2 accounts I am 60K short with the limit of 80K per year per account. Guess I need another family member to pool?

Last edited:

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Also, booking with points does not incur taxes, which can be anything up to 20%, or so, depending on the country, state or property.

Also, Diamond and Gold status members will have breakfast included, anyway (at worst, continental, or possibly a full breakfast depending on the property).

drross

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Fiji - points stay - 5th night free - all benefits including breakfast and upgrade..very happy

goldenhorn

AFF Supporter
Also, booking with points does not incur taxes, which can be anything up to 20%, or so, depending on the country, state or property.

Also, Diamond and Gold status members will have breakfast included, anyway (at worst, continental, or possibly a full breakfast depending on the property).
Great news on the taxes. :) I'm only Silver through AMEX Explorer status. :(

Fiji - points stay - 5th night free - all benefits including breakfast and upgrade..very happy
I was also considering Fiji with the current promo.

I see you can get a Beachfront Guestroom for 240,000 points for 5 nights. Would that be including the free 5th night?

And how did you get breakfast and upgrade? Are you Diamond?

Last edited:

luxury-lizard

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Unfortunately you need to be Gold to get free breakfast - I'm Gold as one of the benefits of my AmEx card. At the Conrad in KS I would say alternative breakfast options (e.g. local cafe) are not really an option. I would recommend hiring a car while you are there - as the resort is isolated it's nice to have the flexibility to visit other areas in KS and other hotels/restaurants without paying for a car/driver or taxi.

drross

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Great news on the taxes. :) I'm only Silver through AMEX Explorer status. :(

I was also considering Fiji with the current promo.

I see you can get a Beachfront Guestroom for 240,000 points for 5 nights. Would that be including the free 5th night?

And how did you get breakfast and upgrade? Are you Diamond?
SORRY - YES , I'M DIAMOND. I don't remember it costing that many points - i'll check

just checked - 6 nights there so 1 free night and yes we 'paid' 250k for the stay - did actually book it in Feb

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anvi