Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynne

Dear ,

As a Hilton HHonors™ member, you are invited to apply for the new Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card. Every time you use your Card, not only will you earn HHonors Bonus Points but your everyday spend will be rewarded with exclusive benefits such as:

ONE REWARD WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE[SUP]1[/SUP]
Valid at over 4,000 hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio when you spend $12,000[SUP]2[/SUP] or more on eligible purchases[SUP]3[/SUP] each year that your account is open. That’s only $1,000 in spend each month.

INSTANT HHONORS GOLD STATUS
As long as you are a Cardholder, you will enjoy HHonors Gold status[SUP]4[/SUP], making your travel more enjoyable with complimentary space-available room upgrades at select hotels[SUP]5[/SUP] and complimentary high-speed Internet access[SUP]6[/SUP].

UPGRADE TO HHONORS DIAMOND STATUS
Spend $40,000 or more on eligible purchases[SUP]3[/SUP] on your Card each year your account is open and be upgraded to HHonors Diamond status[SUP]7[/SUP].

Apply for the Card and as a bonus offer you will receiveone reward weekend night certificate[SUP]1[/SUP]. Simply spend $2,000 on eligible purchases[SUP]3[/SUP] within the first three months of opening your account[SUP]8[/SUP].

Very very interesting and the first Australian based hotel card that I can tell. Given planning for a hopeful honeymoon next year I have been looking at the hotel rewards programs this week so this email very much piques my attention.

Annual fee is $295 so I don't think I'll take it up as t
he spend to get the best benefits is a little high for my liking but hopefully it stirs some competition.

4 HHonours points per Hilton $ spent, 1 HHonours point for every other $ spent

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hilton HHonours Macquarie Platinum Card

Very very interesting and the first Australian based hotel card that I can tell. Given planning for a hopeful honeymoon next year I have been looking at the hotel rewards programs this week so this email very much piques my attention.

Annual fee is $295 so I don't think I'll take it up as t
he spend to get the best benefits is a little high for my liking but hopefully it stirs some competition.

4 HHonours points per Hilton $ spent, 1 HHonours point for every other $ spent
Sadly, it replaces what was a very good program for me. :evil:

I will not be renewing mine when it come due for so next year.

See here: http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ilton-macquarie-card-enhanced-into-54234.html

This is something that might interest me.

I have managed some status through promotions and matches but from April 1 2014 I will be back to Hilton silver.

I usually average between 10-15 stays a year so not enough to retain Gold, and really too many nights short to mattress run so if a credit card worth $295.00 was offering me Gold and a free night then this might interest me come 1 April 2014.

Only thing I like about this card is the gold status or potentially diamond status. Only problem is the annual fee. Also HH points are of no value to me. You need like 50000 points a night and the earning is only 1 HH per $ on non Hilton spend....

I'm interested and would intend to spend $40K on-the-dot and get HH Diamond status.

Some details are also showing on the Macquarie Cards comparison table:

Macquarie Cards comparison 15Nov13.jpg

There's not much interest with this card it seems, either here or in the other thread:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ilton-macquarie-card-enhanced-into-54234.html

I'm mainly interested in the automatic Gold status with HHonors, with guaranteed internet access and a breakfast offering, but have not yet applied. I've maintained Diamond for 2014, on nights stayed this year, but will be unlikely to maintain it the following year.

It's probably too early yet for any feedback on the application/approval process with Macquarie on this card.

I'm mainly interested in the automatic Gold status with HHonors, with guaranteed internet access and a breakfast offering, but have not yet applied. I've maintained Diamond for 2014, on nights stayed this year, but will be unlikely to maintain it the following year.
Same here. I'm getting some credit limits increased and refinancing a vehicle at the moment, so I'm getting that done first and then will apply for this card. I want the instant Gold and I can probably run $40K through it and get Diamond. Just buy a bunch of 5% Wish & Coles Gift Cards plus some ATO spend etc.

I think the reason people aren't that keen is the tradeoffs in a 40k spend. That's 40-60k points in other schemes, vs HH points. The comparative value may be as much as $1800 at 3c/pp to ~max of $300 for the HH points.

Then you would have to decide if $295 plus $1500 potential trade off is worth diamond status. If it is, then you probably stay enough to make diamond anyway, or could with a cheaper mattress run?

Yeah the reason why this card is putting me off is the annual fee and also the high spend required to get diamond status....

I've now realised that a MilePoint Premium P2 membership would probably be a way better way of getting HH SG!

How much is the fee? And is it a continuing HH SG or only for the 1st year?

How much is the fee? And is it a continuing HH SG or only for the 1st year?

$50 and there are other benefits. It a 1 year deal. Last time round it was for Hyatt Platinum. Still, one could always get the HH status from MP and then get this card in a years time to maintain it ongoing if needed

I have HH Gold until March 2014, if I purchase this $50 membership today can I then activate HH Gold after mine has expired?

I have HH Gold until March 2014, if I purchase this $50 membership today can I then activate HH Gold after mine has expired?

I believe that's exactly how it works.

Thanks I will activate it in April 2014 then :)

The one thing I like about HH Gold is the breakfast, upgrades come and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back