Here is British Airways’ all-new Club World business class. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Here is British Airways’ all-new Club World business class.

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

DavidFlynn

British Airways’ all-new Club World business class has been revealed!

Officially dubbed the Club Suite, it’s built around the Super Diamond of Collins Aerospace – the same seat as Virgin Australia’s A330 and B777 business class – but customised to include a door plus a few other ‘enhancements’ which actually do enhance the product.

The Club Suite will debut on BA’s factory-fresh Airbus A350, due in July with familiarisation flights to Madrid in August-September, then daily to Toronto and Dubai from October. Four of 18 A350s due this year, two B777-200s being refurb’d in Q4, with a broader fleet refit across the next 2½-3 years.

More at Here is British Airways' all-new Club World Suites business class seat

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Looks good maybe I will start flying BA at some point in the future. I am planning to go to go UK to YYZ next year so maybe I will consider BA.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I feel a bit sorry for you.
Now you have to find a new favourite airline.
Any front runners?

TonyHancock

AFF Supporter
I feel a bit sorry for you.
Now you have to find a new favourite airline.
Any front runners?
I may have to go back to Qantas. :eek: Although they seem to be refitting their Business class on the A380. I hear that Y+ is much better than J or F on QF. :eek::p:p:p:p

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I may have to go back to Qantas. :eek: Although they seem to be refitting their Business class on the A380. I hear that Y+ is much better than J or F on QF. :eek::p:p:p:p
I am sure they will welcome you back and you can flash your BA gold card at the F lounge ;).

Last edited:

Pleb Status

Established Member
AFF Supporter
The VA J seat with doors... Wow!

How long have we had this 'new' seat for now?

An improvement on the current 1990's design at least.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
@TonyHancock, when you are writing to that Willie chap, please ask why they are spending money on new pillows for WT+ pax.

Surely the old ones will be fine for years to come.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I wonder whether this puts pressure on QF to add a door to its Business Suite (possibly too late for the A380 refurb given order timelines)

But certainly not having a door on their F Suites is looking very passe

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
that Willie chap,
There's a willie chap? :confused:

Perhaps he might like to have a quiet word to the BA media people that a smidgen more light might be good to illustrate the seat in their media story posted by TH:

BA1.JPG

BA2.JPG
And this is my favourite - still there a day after the story was posted to their 'big news story' :rolleyes:

BA3.JPG

andye

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map

andyhui01

Flights
My Map
Do people generally prefer the VA style J or the CX style J? What's the consensus as both are similar reverse herringbone.

I am talking pure hard product here (no mattresses... etc). Biggest difference I find is leg space while sleeping. On VA I keep bashing my knees against the tray table whereas CX is fully open. Downside is tray table and screen is not as sturdy.

drron

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
I have asked mrsdrron to send this message to that Willie chappy.
I'm sure he has the power to veto LTG.o_O:eek::eek::D

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Do people generally prefer the VA style J or the CX style J? What's the consensus as both are similar reverse herringbone.
VA has better storage /work areas available - looks like BA are incorporating that.

Mal

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
It does look good. Hopefully I'll be flying one of them later this year!

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
.... I could *almost* be tempted if I found a decent ex-EU fare. Honestly a leaps and bounds improvement though :D

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo114