Drowning sorrows barracking for Lions vs West Coast Eagles

Discussion in 'Playground' started by JohnK, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I hope you are barracking for the Eagles. :wink:

If not then you had better get to the pub a little earlier to drown your sorrows before the match starts. :p

*** this thread is not relevant on it's own as it has by magic been split from the original thread of Lindsay's mini AFF meet in PER and watching his beloved Lions getting smacked by the Eagles ***

2. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    JohnK, I thought you would be a swans supporter being from Sydney. Or did you have a bad September last year when we lost to the AFL Barry Hall Swans errr sorry I meant the Sydney Swans. (Still cant believe they let him off) Anyway at 4-0 so far this year, looks like another good year

Reggie

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Nah! I hate to admit it but I am a Saints fan. I was just stirring Lindsay!

Can't stand the swanettes and they should never have been in the grand final let alone win it. The timekeeper got it all wrong against Geelong with the longest 4th quarter I have ever witnessed, they should have never beaten Saints in final after being down and out at 3 quarter time and should not have beaten Eagles in Grand Final. And Hall should have been suspended for what he did grand final or not. And living in Sydney it is like living a nightmare over and over.

4. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    You dont have it that bad, imagine being a freo dockers supporter living in Perth. They had a small moment of hope when the beat West Coast in the pre season, but now they are back spitting on their coach. There is only one thing worse than a dockers supporter anf that is a collingwood supporter.

5. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Not just because of the football teams either! :D :D :D

6. Optics

Optics Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Melbourne
    Now them's fighting words :)

Seriously though, you ain't seen nuthin yet, just wait to see what we are like if we beat the Dons tomorrow 8) .

7. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    IF being the operative word. Without King Eddie or the dons without Matty. Still, GO THE BOMBERS.

8. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    :roll: Apart from the traffic, lack of privacy, expensive real estate, riots, gang rapes, drive by shootings it is a great place to live.

9. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Re: Drowning sorrows barracking for Lions vs West Coast Eagl

Maybe admin is a closet West Coast supporter and thought it desrved a thread of its own :). And who can blame hime.

10. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map

Went to the MCG today with a Pieman and a Bombadier; they seemed to enjoy the match although one was a little subdued at the end; I had not been since last year and was :shock: at the $5.40 cost of a beer.

'Reckon we need a QP at these venues :idea:

11. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX

:D The trick is to drown your sorrows before the game, like Lindsay will on Saturday, and that way the heartache won't be as expensive. I take it the pies are back in form this year.

12. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Well, it looks like a group of us Lions supporters will be at the match on Saturday. Perth-based supplier of this trip has emailed looking for those interested in atending the match. Think there might be a small crowd...

Yes, I'll be primed after a drink at the Moon & Sixpence.

13. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Geez go away for a few days and the pies win a game. I didn't see it, so maybe the bombers lost it.

14. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    No offense intended Lindsay, but I hope your guys get creamed as they did last year, and the year before. Thus you will be drowing a lot of sorrows.

15. Optics

Optics Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Melbourne
    Actually it was a great game. Both teams played quite well, but the pies just hit their targets with passes a little more. As a Bomber fan, you would have been pleased with Hird's game.
    Go Pies! :D

16. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Good thing I'm not a bombers fan then

Go the Eagles

17. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think the Bombers were really hurting with the loss of their Captain.

I normally barrack for anyone who plays against Collingwood. I really found it hard last Tuesday and almost had to barrack for Collingwood :!:

18. Reggie

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    It couldn`t have been that bad, I hope you got Mrs Straitman to slap you at any thought of supporting the pies. :D

19. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm really :oops: :oops: to say that she barracks for the pies :!:

20. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Hmmm. Eagles 122 Lions 63. :( Hope a lot of sorrows were drowned.