Citibank to AAdvantage | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Citibank to AAdvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmat777

Intern
Flights
My Map
Is it possible to send points earned on Citibank to AAdvantage? Mine just has a link to transfer to QF, but I'm not sure if that is because that was what I set up when I got the card.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I don't think any Australian credit cards points can go to Aadvantage directly.You would have to transfer through another program like SPG or HHonors. You won't get a 1:1 transfer, it will be more like a 1:0.5 tranfer or less.

If you search through some of the AA threads you will find that this has been discussed very recently.

madmat777

Intern
Flights
My Map
Thanks JohnK,

How do you trasfer to SPG then? I have SPG, but the only option in my Citibank account is to trasfer to QF.

Appreciate any pointers.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Sorry Matthew my memory has let me down again. It seems Lindsay Wilson is trying to work out a way to transfer his citibank points to AA.

If you follow this thread The great points tranfer to Aadvantage there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
JohnK and madmat777, there appears to only be very limited options, according to the Citibank site.

When one logs into their account, these are the options:

Your most recent Reward points balance is 81151*.
If you know what you would like to redeem, please enter the code(s) from the Rewards Catalogue here
[FONT=gill sans, arial]Alternatively you can browse and then redeem the rewards we have on offer by:
[FONT=gill sans, arial]Points Range 0-5000 5001-7000 7001-13000 13001-30000 30001 and above[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] Unlimited rewards[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or [/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial]Platinum Catalogue[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] Rewards Category Cashback Annual Fee Home & Shopping Travel & Leisure Charities. [/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial]If you would like to convert Citibank Reward points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points, click here to go to the redemption form and complete the Qantas Frequent Flyer points section.[/FONT]​
[FONT=gill sans, arial]
Please review the Citibank Rewards Terms and Conditions
here before making a redemption.[/FONT]
[FONT=gill sans, arial]If you have any enquiries regarding the Citibank Rewards Programme, please call the Rewards Service Centre on 1800 818 008[/FONT]
[/FONT]

drron

AFF Supporter
I have emailed citibank asking if they will consider points transfer to AA.If enough of us ask just maybe they will.After all citigroup run diners and it is possible to transfer from diners card to AA.

QF WP

Flights
My Map
drron, a very valid point you bring up. I'll shoot off an email to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisa16_rose