Citibank to AAdvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmat777

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Is it possible to send points earned on Citibank to AAdvantage? Mine just has a link to transfer to QF, but I'm not sure if that is because that was what I set up when I got the card.

I don't think any Australian credit cards points can go to Aadvantage directly.You would have to transfer through another program like SPG or HHonors. You won't get a 1:1 transfer, it will be more like a 1:0.5 tranfer or less.

If you search through some of the AA threads you will find that this has been discussed very recently.

Thanks JohnK,

How do you trasfer to SPG then? I have SPG, but the only option in my Citibank account is to trasfer to QF.

Appreciate any pointers.

Sorry Matthew my memory has let me down again. It seems Lindsay Wilson is trying to work out a way to transfer his citibank points to AA.

If you follow this thread The great points tranfer to Aadvantage there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

JohnK and madmat777, there appears to only be very limited options, according to the Citibank site.

When one logs into their account, these are the options:

Your most recent Reward points balance is 81151*.
If you know what you would like to redeem, please enter the code(s) from the Rewards Catalogue here
[FONT=gill sans, arial]Alternatively you can browse and then redeem the rewards we have on offer by:
[FONT=gill sans, arial]Points Range 0-5000 5001-7000 7001-13000 13001-30000 30001 and above[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] Unlimited rewards[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or [/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial]Platinum Catalogue[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] or[/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial] Rewards Category Cashback Annual Fee Home & Shopping Travel & Leisure Charities. [/FONT][FONT=gill sans, arial]If you would like to convert Citibank Reward points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points, click here to go to the redemption form and complete the Qantas Frequent Flyer points section.[/FONT]​
[FONT=gill sans, arial]
Please review the Citibank Rewards Terms and Conditions
here before making a redemption.[/FONT]
[FONT=gill sans, arial]If you have any enquiries regarding the Citibank Rewards Programme, please call the Rewards Service Centre on 1800 818 008[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I have emailed citibank asking if they will consider points transfer to AA.If enough of us ask just maybe they will.After all citigroup run diners and it is possible to transfer from diners card to AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back