AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020 | Page 8 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020

Added to Calendar: 04-12-20, 05-12-20, 06-12-20

Glider_

Flights
My Map
I've been thinking the same thing. Perhaps we'll just have to assemble the troops in Perth, and be there is spirit. . . .
I'd like to consider myself a Bronze... but like others, I dunno if any of us Sandgropers will be allowed back in if we leave.
We might need to have a satellite PER wine&dine after all... AFF 14.1

Mattg

Flights
My Map
For those looking for somewhere cheaper to stay, Rydges have a Flash Sale at present (ends tonight).

Queen room, fully flexible @ $101 per night. No frills: breakfast, parking, etc., extra. (Rydges Capitol Hill)
Thanks @Jacques Vert, I've just booked this for the Saturday night. I got a rate of $106 for the night, but that's still good value. This hotel is within walking distance of the Kingston Hotel, where the Saturday night dinner will be held.

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Thanks @Jacques Vert, I've just booked this for the Saturday night. I got a rate of $106 for the night, but that's still good value. This hotel is within walking distance of the Kingston Hotel, where the Saturday night dinner will be held.
Did you join their loyalty program? Members get a lower price and it's free to join. That may be the difference. You could always rebook at the lower price and cancel the expensive room;)

Major

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Is that the Kingston Hotel where a bloke was killed in a fight a couple of weeks ago ?

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Did you join their loyalty program? Members get a lower price and it's free to join. That may be the difference. You could always rebook at the lower price and cancel the expensive room;)
I did join. It would have been $118 without the member discount. ;)

Is that the Kingston Hotel where a bloke was killed in a fight a couple of weeks ago ?
Yes. However, that is definitely not a regular occurrence and I believe it was well managed by the staff there. It's a popular hotel that's often frequented by politicians.

Glider_

Flights
My Map
I've also booked the Rydges for Friday and Saturday @106pn. But being from PER, I'm not sure if that upgrades me to Plat or if I'm still Bronze... Gold maybe?

Jacques Vert

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
I did join. It would have been $118 without the member discount. ;)
Hmmm; Still showing $101 when I look.

I may have worked it out: my online account is still showing my status as Black, even though I haven't requalified to that level for at least 3 years. (As you know, Black members get an extra 5% discount.)

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Hmmm; Still showing $101 when I look.

I may have worked it out: my online account is still showing my status as Black, even though I haven't requalified to that level for at least 3 years. (As you know, Black members get an extra 5% discount.)
That would do it!

I don't have any PRG status as I just joined this morning! ;)

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I have just booked. In on Friday and out Sunday. I will be bringing a car, and a designated driver - although he doesn't know it yet! ;)

Flight JT001 is now showing F0 J2.

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Whoops...was going to give away 2 x $50 Qantas Hotel vouchers until I read the fine print..."The voucher must be used to make a booking before 30/06/2020 otherwise it will be forfeited." I will need serious AFF re-education once this is all over :confused: Current Status of Platinum down to COVID :eek: Oh well, back to learning all about Motorhomes...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poh