AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020

Added to Calendar: 04-12-20, 05-12-20, 06-12-20

support

Established Member
Administrator
Canberra has been chosen as the AFF Annual Gathering destination for 2020, occurring over the weekend of the 4th to 6th December; this will be the second time the event has been held in the final month of the year. The average temperature range for December is 11.9ºC to 26.3ºC. The average rainfall is 53.2mm with 7 rainy days. It is Australia's eighth most populous city (as of June 2018) representing 1.83% of Australia.

Canberra has previously played host to an Annual Gathering, as the fifth city chosen in the fourth year (2011). On that occasion, 13 attendees made the journey. Canberra is not the first city to play host twice, with Melbourne previously taking that honour as the first (2008) and eighth (2014); Adelaide as the second (2008) and twelfth (2018); and more recently Sydney as the third (2009) and thirteenth (2019).

We are of course interested to hear your suggestions and ideas for the event, so together we can make it enjoyable for all, but with the dates locked in now, please feel free to solidify a place at the 2020 Annual Gathering.

Helping to organise this year will be @support, @Mattg. If you would like to play a role, please start a conversation with me and I shall add you to the list.

support

Established Member
Administrator
Travel/Accommodation Details

Coming soon.

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I was a "cordie" 30+ years ago and have only been back to CBR on the odd occasion. Gold/Platinum.....ish, maybe for a trip down memory lane.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Gold at this early stage.
I like Canberra, Bus Stop Markets, Portrait Gallery etc.
I might even be within driving distance.
As soon as the dates open up I'm going to book a refundable room.

Eija

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Gold for now. My old stomping ground also 40 odd years ago. Still remember my first sailing lesson & a certain bridge.

Reactions: ALH

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I've just given my friend in Canberra more than a year's notice for me to crash with him at his house...

• Haha
Reactions: Hvr

tuapekastar

Established Member
Flights
My Map
This does not clash with with my other annual event, as mostly happens. Organisers, you’re slipping! :p
Way too early to call, but very interested.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wauchoped