AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

AFF Gathering #14 in CBR on 4 - 6 December 2020

Added to Calendar: 04-12-20, 05-12-20, 06-12-20

support

Established Member
Administrator
Canberra has been chosen as the AFF Annual Gathering destination for 2020, occurring over the weekend of the 4th to 6th December; this will be the second time the event has been held in the final month of the year. The average temperature range for December is 11.9ºC to 26.3ºC. The average rainfall is 53.2mm with 7 rainy days. It is Australia's eighth most populous city (as of June 2018) representing 1.83% of Australia.

Canberra has previously played host to an Annual Gathering, as the fifth city chosen in the fourth year (2011). On that occasion, 13 attendees made the journey. Canberra is not the first city to play host twice, with Melbourne previously taking that honour as the first (2008) and eighth (2014); Adelaide as the second (2008) and twelfth (2018); and more recently Sydney as the third (2009) and thirteenth (2019).

We are of course interested to hear your suggestions and ideas for the event, so together we can make it enjoyable for all, but with the dates locked in now, please feel free to solidify a place at the 2020 Annual Gathering.

Helping to organise this year will be @support, @Mattg. If you would like to play a role, please start a conversation with me and I shall add you to the list.

support

Established Member
Administrator
Travel/Accommodation Details

Coming soon.

Matt_01

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I was a "cordie" 30+ years ago and have only been back to CBR on the odd occasion. Gold/Platinum.....ish, maybe for a trip down memory lane.

Last edited:

Mattg

Flights
My Map
Well since I'm going to be helping organise this, I guess I'm Platinum to attend :)

I no longer live in Canberra but still visit regularly. Looking forward to next year's gathering!

Buzzard

Gold at this early stage.
I like Canberra, Bus Stop Markets, Portrait Gallery etc.
I might even be within driving distance.
As soon as the dates open up I'm going to book a refundable room.

Eija

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Gold for now. My old stomping ground also 40 odd years ago. Still remember my first sailing lesson & a certain bridge.

Reactions: ALH

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I've just given my friend in Canberra more than a year's notice for me to crash with him at his house...

• Haha
Reactions: Hvr

tuapekastar

Established Member
Flights
My Map
This does not clash with with my other annual event, as mostly happens. Organisers, you’re slipping! :p
Way too early to call, but very interested.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karinajinx