Card Promotions 125,000 Qantas Points and reduced first-year annual card fee with the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature (Point Hacks)

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
@Daver6 , are you sure about that? T&Cs indicate I should get full 120k w/in 60 days after spend.

tbh, when I first applied, the staggered 100k pts (and then extra if I stuck around one yr) was what I was expecting - and I'd ditch before then - but the fine print makes it look even better.

View attachment 251932

Sorry, I must have been thinking of a different offer. This is what I was thinking of

NAB1.jpg

Lynda2475

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
I got this card in April 2021, as there was no annual fee in first year it was an easy 100k points.

I meant to cancel in March, but there was a lot going on and I forgot so it renewed in April and I only noticed when the 25k bonus points hit QFF on 1st May. At that point I stopped using the card and once the points for May spend had posted on 1st June, I cancelled the card.

Much to my surprise NAB refunded $362 of the $395 annual fee, meaing those 25k bonus points cost $33, not a bad earn rate.

So depending on what else is on offer, it may be worth others also waiting for the renewal to go through, and then cancel after the bonus points post as most of the annual fee will then be refunded.

Last edited:

Ktan89

Solutions
Do you guys know if the $3,000 spend within 60 days includes spend from the supplementary card too?

NoName

Established Member
I got this card in April 2021, as there was no annual fee in first year it was an easy 100k points.

I meant to cancel in March, but there was a lot going on and I forgot so it renewed in April and I only noticed when the 25k bonus points hit QFF on 1st May. At that point I stopped using the card and once the points for May spend had posted on 1st June, I cancelled the card.

Much to my surprise NAB refunded $362 of the $395 annual fee, meaing those 25k bonus points cost $33, not a bad earn rate.

So depending on what else is on offer, it may be worth others also waiting for the renewal to go through, and then cancel after the bonus points post as most of the annual fee will then be refunded.

My experience with NAB has been that they are willing to refund the annual fee so I’m not surprised you got most back. The past 3 times I have held a NAB card I have cancelled immediately the bonus points hit and each time have receive either a full or pro-rated refund.

bullerdude

Established Member
Solutions
Signed up for the 120k bonus points offer associated with the card (need to be a customer), met spend requirements and points already depositied.

That a big change from previous cards i've had with NAB!

aleaf

Intern
Apologies - I know I just saw this asked somewhere here but can't find it now.

- Does annual fee count towards minimum spend? And if so, any impact if that annual fee is then partially refunded (pro-rated due to early acct closure)?

- I suppose the follow-on question to that is how a refund due to returning a purchase could impact the min spend requirement. I'm an indecisive shopper, notorious for buying then returning items. Could a return (genuine, not trying to game the system) impact those bonus points awarded?

Just want to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot by not paying attention to the details here.

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Apologies - I know I just saw this asked somewhere here but can't find it now.

- Does annual fee count towards minimum spend? And if so, any impact if that annual fee is then partially refunded (pro-rated due to early acct closure)?

- I suppose the follow-on question to that is how a refund due to returning a purchase could impact the min spend requirement. I'm an indecisive shopper, notorious for buying then returning items. Could a return (genuine, not trying to game the system) impact those bonus points awarded?

Just want to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot by not paying attention to the details here.

Annual fee does not count towards minimum spend.

aleaf

Intern
Thanks @Daver6 good to know. Bummer though - I sometimes have to scramble to meet my min spend so this means will need to be that much more creative.

Do you have insights into other question re possible refunds?

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts